Re: [z_scale]trestles/handlaid track

  • Ole Rosted
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2 3:41 AM
      On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:33:38 -0000, you wrote:

      Hi Jeffrey,

      >I'm almost ready to lay track, my friend. Got the stuff from
      >Marshall Thomson, got the ties, got the rails, got the soldering
      >stuff...just need the nerves of steel ;-)

      Without knowing what the expression "soldering stuff" covers,
      I will suggest using resistance soldering. No need for nerves of steel
      then :-)

      I don't doubt that *you* - in contrast to me - will be able to use the
      old fashioned way of soldering successfully, but RS *is* that much
      easier.

      best regards Ole
    • stamperdream@yahoo.ca
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2 6:29 AM
        Hi Ole,

        Of course you are right about RS (resistance soldering) being
        the easiest and the best way of quickly and cleanly soldering
        nickel-silver rail to copper PCB tie strips. I even have a parts list
        for a cheap home-made RS unit.

        I don't have all that many pieces to solder so I will use my faithful
        soldering iron with a narrow chisel tip, some fine solder and a
        good quality flux paste that should make the job go smoother.

        If I were doing more than the 4 frogs on the demo section that I
        am laying, I would go to the trouble of building the RS unit.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey