PE structures, new from Heico

  • kim@blueneptune.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2001
      Here are some PE structures I recently built

      This is a station (big ~750K file)
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/stn1.JPG

      Horse carriage
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/hrse_211.JPG
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/hrse_24.JPG

      Gazibo
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/gaz12.JPG
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/gaz4.JPG

      Heico product, I do not know what it is called

      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/wer7.JPG
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/wer14.JPG
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/wer15.JPG
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~kim/wer16.JPG

      All of these kits are great and the details are awesome.
      Heico in particular has extremely good precision and fit.
      Precision in the sense when you put the parts together they interlock
      perfectly so it is easy to align when you glue them. The lights and
      people I added them extra.
      Regards
      Kim
    • rleonard@magma.ca
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
        ---
        Hi Kim, do you know the Heico part numbers for those kits. Are they
        new?
        Thanks
        Jack Leonard

      • kim@blueneptune.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
          Jack,
          Only the last one is from Heico #122055.
          I got them from:
          http://www.eurorailhobbies.com
          http://www.eurorailhobbies.com/erh_pages/eurorailhobbieslist.asp?PageI
          D=168

          Kim

        • jmac_han@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
            Hi Kim,

            Great work on the kits. Working with brass is not always a snap and
            I find that the hardest part of any kit construction is the final
            paint job. You have done a super job painting these miniatures.
            Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

            I like the wiring job you did on the Heico tower. Where did you hide
            the wires for the lights?

            Cheers,
            Jeffrey MacHan

          • kim@blueneptune.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
              Jeffrey,
              Thanks for the compliments. It is the paint job that takes the most
              time and motivation. I still am yet to weather them. For the Heico
              signal tower I actually put in some thought on the paint (unlike the
              station). The color is close to the brass color, so I did not have to
              paint the inside of the tower. I left the inside shinny so you get a
              lot of reflections with the lights and makes it look evenly lit. I
              used four SMD yellow LED in series, I used a fine magnet wire and
              routed them on the side of the structure and painted over them so it
              is not visible. It is worth the effort to put light in this structure
              because of the sharp windows and its height, the shadow it casts below
              is amazing.
              Thanks
              Kim

            • jmac_han@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 31, 2001
                Hey Kim,

                I know what you mean by the incredible effect the illumination from
                structures and light poles has on a layout. I have started to
                install lighting in the VEC for night time operations. Even the few
                areas where I have completed some lighting look incredible after I
                turn down the room lights. I feel like I have discovered a whole new
                layout at the flick of a switch. :-D

                Cheers,
                Jeffrey

              • kim@blueneptune.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1 12:12 AM
                  Folks the PE structures shown here are from different manufacturers

                  1) The station and Gazibo kits are from Miller Engineering
                  ( www.microstru.com )
                  Miller engineering makes Awesome kits in terms of the details and
                  of course the widest selection in Z scale PE.

                  2) The Horse Carriage is from Shire Scenes
                  They also make some fine kits.

                  3) ONLY the last signal tower is from Heico.

                  Thanks
                  Kim

                • stamperdream@yahoo.ca
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 1 4:27 AM
                    I'm rather slow on the uptake sometimes...I actually thought that
                    PE was a manufacturer that I wasn't aware of!!!

                    PE = photo etched, for anyone else who is just waking up :-)

                    Here I was wondering who was this PE company that made a
                    similar gazebo to the Miller Engineering product, and a horse
                    and carriage similar to the Shire Scenes product? <chuckle>

                    Cheers,
                    Jeffrey