Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Builders Plans/Schematics?

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 105 , Jun 21, 2009
      Hello Jim,
      Frankly I prefer the "J Class" because the other two choices
      look like a python with a swollen belly that has just swallowed a
      rabbit.
      Also, a reasonably straight boiler that is different looking from the
      Marklin Pacific boiler would be a big help in moving our scale
      from the "cute toy" category to the "interesting railroading" category.

      Just my tuppence worth ...

      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com
      On Jun 21, 2009, at 7:48 AM, Jim O'Connell wrote:

      > Todd, I believe you are right on. The 'heavy' is probably not going
      > to look good on the Marklin chassis because of driver size. There
      > is some discussion of this same topic on zcentralstation right now.
      > I like the Mikado "J" because it differs from the Marklin. We
      > definately need something different in Z scale that we can all
      > afford. Cheers, Jim CCRR
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Shoffeitt" <guynamedtodd@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Jim,
      > > If I am interpreting what has been said, you mean the L&N J-2
      > class with the straight boilers. That would be fine for me as the
      > L&N is my favorite "Eastern" road, and then I could have somewhat
      > accurate J-2 and J-3 Mikes for the L&N. The issue with a heavy Mike
      > is that not that many railroads actually used them, only 14
      > according to Wikipedia, of which the Milwaukee Road, the CB&Q and
      > L&N were the biggest users. Tough choice on the poll.
      > >
      > > Todd

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 105 of 105 , Jun 21, 2009
        Hello Jim,