high density foam??

  • rleonard@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2001
      I have just read an article on the "ETE" European Train Enthusists
      site describing making viaducts using Super Sculpey or FIMO clay and
      high density form. Apparently it can be cut with a band saw or carved,
      covered with the clay and baked in an oven. Does any know the trade
      or brand name of this foam?
    • John Koschwanez
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
        There is a product on the market called "Precision Board" by Coastal
        Enterprises Co. Tel: (800) 845-0745. It is used primarily by Sign shops
        for routing signs in 3-D and then painting. The sample I have is 3/4"
        thick and is very dense. There is also a listing on the sample for
        Montroy Supply Co. (apparantly the distributor) with many 800 numbers in
        Western U.S. They also have a web address: www.montroy.com I'm sure if
        you contact your local sign shop, they can get this for you in something
        less than 4' X 8' pieces if they don't already have it on hand. At trade
        shows, I have seen this stuff being routed which, when stained, look
        like sand-blasted redwood signs.

        rleonard@... wrote:

        > I have just read an article on the "ETE" European Train Enthusists
        > site describing making viaducts using Super Sculpey or FIMO clay and
        > high density form. Apparently it can be cut with a band saw or carved,
        >
        > covered with the clay and baked in an oven. Does any know the trade
        > or brand name of this foam?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [Lose 20 lbs by November 5th!]