Re: Builders Plans/Schematics?

  • Jim O'Connell
    Message 1 of 105 , Jun 8, 2009
      Larry, No, this is not for narrow gage. It is a semi-secret Z scale locomotive project. I will check RLW out, but I fear I really need the plans of the fullsized Baldwin 2-8-2. Thanks, Jim CCRR

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Larry Card <lpcard@...> wrote:

      > Are you looking to do one in Nn3? If so, Republic Locomotive Works has a kit, I'm not sure which K locomotive it does, but it uses the Marklin 2-8-2T chassis.
      > V/R
      > Larry P. Card
      > Franklinton NC
      >
      > > Does anyone know where I can find blueprints, plans, or schematic drawings of Baldwin Locomotive Works 2-8-2 steamers? There 2-8-2 Mikado was their most popular but I'm not looking for those plans. I'm looking for the plans of the DRGW class K-36 or 37. These were build in 1904 and entered DRGW in about 1925. You may know this loco because it pulled the tender with the little house on top. Here is a link to loco.
      > > Many railroad used this loco. I'm just linking the DRGW because the photos are plentiful and well done.

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 105 of 105 , Jun 21, 2009
        Hello Jim,
        Frankly I prefer the "J Class" because the other two choices
        look like a python with a swollen belly that has just swallowed a
        rabbit.
        Also, a reasonably straight boiler that is different looking from the
        Marklin Pacific boiler would be a big help in moving our scale
        from the "cute toy" category to the "interesting railroading" category.

        Just my tuppence worth ...

        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com