Re: [Z_Scale] Newbie in the UK

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2009
      On Sat, 02 May 2009 05:15:10 -0000
      "tailstock_uk" <tailstock_uk@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Les and I'm an American outline modeller here in the UK.
      > I'be been modelling in one form or another all my life and came back to train about 10 years ago.

      > I'm an experience modelmaker and look forward to the challenge of Z gauge.

      Welcome.

      I think there are now quite a few Z scale UK folk hanging out here - I'm
      doing a little bit of Z scale Canadian and German but recently have been
      mostly focussed on NN3 (Narrow gauge N on Z scale track)
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2009
        Les,

        Welcome to Z! There are quite a few Z scalers in the UK. This is a growing
        contingent. We are also seeing quite a few modeling US outline. One of the
        more notable is Kev Smith. Kev has built a traveling layout, the Cuyahoga. It
        is based on the Nickel Plate Road around Cleveland Ohio. There is also at
        least on Z scale show planned for the next year. This is the Zedex meet. I
        will have to see if a date and location have been confirmed yet.

        You definitely picked a good time to get involved with US Z. There are a
        ton of new items coming from all manufactures.

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016