Re: Replacement undecorated MTL containers

  • mompey
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2009
      Some of the
      > paint schemes released so far are definitely NOT prototypical for reefer
      > containers, unfortunately. In addition, the MTL containers do not have
      > identification numbers, handling instructions ("Top Lift Only"),
      > dimensions, weights, etc. that are found on real containers.
      >
      > CheerZ,
      > -- Malcolm Z
      > MCZ Models

      We have seen MTL progress from "Blank" containers to decorated containers over the last year or so, I recon MTL will add more detail and different containers as time passes,and interest increases and at $16 for 4, it gives me the opportunity to heavily (prototypically)weather them.

      Mike..

    • mompey
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2009
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "otten_john" <otten.ja@...> wrote:

        > I'm very happy with my 2 AZL SD70M in Union Pacific livery with several MTL Gunderson Husky Stack Well Cars.

        > Is this commen or an exception?
        > What containers are more used in reality?
        > The local containers (J.B. Hunt), or containers of international companies such as Maersk?
        > The final question is: can we expect more decorated containers from MTL?
        > Already thanks for your help.
        >
        > regards,
        > John Otten

        HI John

        Im a big fan of the huskies too, I have found you-tube to be a great source for railfaning on the real thing (and z scale also)re your question on what are more used in reality.

        I would assume we will see more decorated containers from MTL, the recently released huskies had new Maersk & APL containers, I assume we will see these available seperatly soon and wouldnt be surprised to see others, especially with the CSX & TTX 4 packs out later this year.

        Mike..