Re: [Z_Scale] Re: ZMOD Show in Oslo

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2009
      Hi Rob,
      Exactly. I once tested many brass N scale large steamers
      and I can honestly say that they did not pull much rolling stock.
      They would never outperform their equivalent
      in heavy diesels.. Since those days both Kato and Life-Like
      have produced some much better performing steamers for N scale.
      (But I have since sold off most of my N scale power).

      The Z scale AC12 is surprisingly strong for its weight
      and complexity. It is like expecting a 19th Century
      Cutty Sark sailing ship to carry the equivalent cargo of a
      21st Century container ship. The hulk vs beauty.

      It took courage to produce the Z scale AC12 and I
      appreciate that.

      Warm regardZ to all,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com