Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Suit Case Layout

  • M & J Piersdorff
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 27, 2009
      You probably didn't put enough starch on the collar.

      Michael

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2009
        It will be steam, because I have three Marklin steam locos and one deisel electric with passenger cars that cpuld pass for the "50's.

        Also I'm going to make old style travel stickers to put on the outside fo the case. I already have the pictures saved, just need to print them on sticker paper for my printer.

        Jerry

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:

        > Oh those look cool...great look to them. What era are you going to model?
        > It screams 1950's to me. Great find for $18!
        >
        > John
        >
        > > Hi Guys,
        > >
        > > I have been looking for some old suitcases to build a lyout
        > > in and finally found some at a very good price.
        > > Two for $18.00 Can.bucks.
        > >
        > > I have looked high and low and some were in bad shape,
        > > some in great shape but way too expensive.
        > > Have alook at the pictures I posted.
        > >
        > > Now I'm thinking I will use the bigger one for the layout,
        > > which is 26 inches long X 16 inches wide x 5 inches deep in the bottom
        > > section and 1 inch in the top section.
        > >
        > > The smaller one I can make compartments
        > > and keep the locos and cars in.
        > > It is 23 inches long X 14 inches wide X 4 inches deep in the bottom
        > > section and 1 inch in the top section.
        > >
        > > If anyone has everbuilt one, please share any of your advise.
        > > I have built four layouts so far, 1 HO and 1 N scale and two Z scales
        > > but this is my first one in a suitcase.
        > >
        > > In the back I want a tunnel that is about 8 inches long and the front
        > > should almost be snakey, going up down, up down, and conecting.
        > >
        > > Here is the link to the pictures.

        > > Jerry

      • Jerry Salamon
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2009
          I uploaded some pics of the travel stickers, have a look.

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Salamon" <jjsalamon@...> wrote:

          > It will be steam, because I have three Marklin steam locos and one deisel electric with passenger cars that cpuld pass for the "50's.
          >
          > Also I'm going to make old style travel stickers to put on the outside fo the case. I already have the pictures saved, just need to print them on sticker paper for my printer.
          >

          > Jerry
          >

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Oh those look cool...great look to them. What era are you going to model?
          > > It screams 1950's to me. Great find for $18!
          > >
          > > John
          > >
          > > > Hi Guys,
          > > >
          > > > I have been looking for some old suitcases to build a lyout
          > > > in and finally found some at a very good price.
          > > > Two for $18.00 Can.bucks.
          > > >
          > > > I have looked high and low and some were in bad shape,
          > > > some in great shape but way too expensive.
          > > > Have alook at the pictures I posted.
          > > >
          > > > Now I'm thinking I will use the bigger one for the layout,
          > > > which is 26 inches long X 16 inches wide x 5 inches deep in the bottom
          > > > section and 1 inch in the top section.
          > > >
          > > > The smaller one I can make compartments
          > > > and keep the locos and cars in.
          > > > It is 23 inches long X 14 inches wide X 4 inches deep in the bottom
          > > > section and 1 inch in the top section.
          > > >
          > > > If anyone has everbuilt one, please share any of your advise.
          > > > I have built four layouts so far, 1 HO and 1 N scale and two Z scales
          > > > but this is my first one in a suitcase.
          > > >
          > > > In the back I want a tunnel that is about 8 inches long and the front
          > > > should almost be snakey, going up down, up down, and conecting.
          > > >
          > > > Here is the link to the pictures.

          > > > Jerry

        • John Duino
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2009
            Nice idea with the stickers. Makes me wish I had saved my mother's old
            steamer trunk she used while riding the Chief's (don't recall which ones
            at the moment) between Minnesota and LA in the 50's going to/from college.
            BIG ol' trunks with lots of room...very vintage (obviously)...and the
            ubiquitous stickers and tags.

            Keep us updated on the progress!