RE: [Z_Scale] Re: Testing of SD'9's

  • Larry Card
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 5:12 PM
      I double-head my steam and have always had the best luck putting the faster loco in front. This assumes that the speed differential between them is not too awfully great. Putting the faster loco in the rear where it has to pull the train first before pushing the front loco sounds good in theory, but I've found that the light weight of the cars doesn't slow the faster loco down enough to make that much of a difference. Going downhill I've had the problem of the faster loco in the rear simply pushing the slower loco out of the way, usually catastrophically if there are curves involved.

      Of course, this is in N scale, so YMMV.

      V/R
      Larry P. Card

      Franklinton NC