Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Marcy Catlett

  • David Epling
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
      I have to strongly disagree. I own a few lists and moderate a few. As a list
      owner, I make it a policy NOT To unsubscribe someone on request. Here is
      why. At the bottom of EVERY message sent from a yahoogroup are the
      instructions for unsubscribing. If a person is smart enough to get on a
      list, they should be smart enough to take themselves off the list.

      In this case, Marcy has flat our said her "EX" was on this list and now she
      wanted that e-mail address off of this list.

      Now this may not be the case, but if (using Marcy as an example and not
      implying this is the case) Marcy and her ex are slinging mud at each
      other...this would be one way for Marcy to do it..get on all of her ex's
      lists and tell them the story she told us. next day along comes the ex
      wondering why he's no longer on any of his lists.

      My wife and I have separate E-mail addresses. We are on a couple of lists
      together but under our separate addresses.

      Best to let them unsub themselves

      David

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
        A hundred dollars says you can not unsubscribe UNLESS you are logged in.
        Since she doesn't have the password info, she can't log in. Now apologize
        to her.

        ...don

        On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Elizabeth Hayes <ehayes24@...>wrote:

        > if you actually took the time to read the page, at the top it says "you
        > have subscribed to this list" then it says "unsubscibe" with a link to
        > click. How hard is that to figure out. Sheeeeeshh. No wonder you have an EX
        > husband.
        >

        > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        > From: countylovers@...
        > Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:26:26 -0400
        > Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Marcy Catlett
        >

        > Marcy, easiest and quickest way to get rid of the problem is to set up a
        > message rule that sends all traffic from this address (z_scale @
        > yahoogroups.com leaving out the spaces around the @ symbol) to Deleted
        > Items. If that folder is set to empty everytime you close your e-mail
        > program, you will never see this stuff.
        >
        > Michael

        ...don a, Northern Ohio, USA

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
          The moderators have removed Elizabeth's post as it personally attacked Ms.
          Catlett. We have also placed Elizabeth on moderated status. Personal attacks
          will not be tolerated on this forum. Please end this thread. The owner and
          moderators of this list will review the Catlett request and make the appropriate
          move to remove the account or leave it open.

          Rob

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
          www.ztrack.com
          www.ztrackcenter.com
          Distributor American Z Line

        • Alan Cox
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
            On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:39:46 -0400
            Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

            > A hundred dollars says you can not unsubscribe UNLESS you are logged in.
            > Since she doesn't have the password info, she can't log in. Now apologize
            > to her.

            Please see the original discussion. If you are getting the email you can
            click on the send me a password option on the web page
          • Glen Chenier
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
              There is no need to continue this topic. I removed Ms Catlett from list membership as per her request on the evening of 31 March 2009.

              Was I wrong to do this? Subsequent posts give same valid reasons why I should not have done this. I had to make a decision quickly and made it. From Ms Catlett's message it appeared she was not familiar with yahoo procedures. I can relate. Rather than making her jump through hoops I simply followed her wishes and removed her membership.

              Not banned. Removed. The membership can always be restored.

              > On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:39:46 -0400
              > Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:
              >
              > > A hundred dollars says you can not unsubscribe UNLESS you are logged in.
              > > Since she doesn't have the password info, she can't log in. Now apologize
              > > to her.
              >
              > Please see the original discussion. If you are getting the email you can
              > click on the send me a password option on the web page

            • Jim O'Connell
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                Glen, You did the right thing. Time to move on folks. Cheers, Jim CCRR
              • ronaldjhurley
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                  Absolutely Glen, and my thanks for the fine job you do for us.
                  ron

                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                    No, you owe her a 100.00 and an apology

                    If you are using Outlook or Outlook Express or any other E-mail client, all
                    you have to do is send a blank e-mail from the subscribed account to:

                    Yahoo will send that address a confirmation that all she has to do is reply
                    to it and it will unsubscribe the address

                    PAY UP

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                      You did the right thing in this case, I know I was one of the people that
                      spoke against it but in this situation, as all situations go, there is
                      always two sides.

                      However, Don did give bad advice today.

                      There is no need to continue this topic. I removed Ms Catlett from list
                      membership as per her request on the evening of 31 March 2009.

                      Was I wrong to do this? Subsequent posts give same valid reasons why I
                      should not have done this. I had to make a decision quickly and made it.
                      From Ms Catlett's message it appeared she was not familiar with yahoo
                      procedures. I can relate. Rather than making her jump through hoops I
                      simply followed her wishes and removed her membership.

                      Not banned. Removed. The membership can always be restored.

                      > On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:39:46 -0400
                      > Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > A hundred dollars says you can not unsubscribe UNLESS you are logged in.
                      > > Since she doesn't have the password info, she can't log in. Now
                      > > apologize
                      > > to her.
                      >
                      > Please see the original discussion. If you are getting the email you can
                      > click on the send me a password option on the web page

                    • Garth Hamilton
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 6, 2009
                        Glen

                        Thanks for this my faith in the group running this crowd is restored.

                        AH MEN

                        Garth