Re: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE

  • robertfage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
      link does not work

      Bob Fage (in the UK)

    • Alan Cox
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
        > Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

        URL needs ".html" on the end but they look nice - especially for 3D
        printer based models.

        Do you have non US prices ?
      • Robert Ray
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
          sea_rails wrote:

          > ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!!

          Does the price of the shell include the truck sideframes, fuel tank, and the handrails? I could not find info or pictures of them.

          Thanks,
          Robert
        • Don A
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
            There are a couple of spaces in the link. Remove them and it works.

            ...don

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

            > link does not work
            >
            > Bob Fage (in the UK)

          • Harbormaster
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
              Mr. Cox,
              The export price is the same in US$.
              Shipping, packaging, and export fees are not included and are quoted within 24 hours of request with full shipping address provided.
              VAT is not included.
              Thanks for asking.
              Jim

            • de Champeaux Dominique
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).

                Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?

                Dom
              • mompey
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009

                  > >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).
                  >
                  > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                  >
                  > Dom

                  HI Dom, I think its the MTL.

                  Mike.
                • ztrack@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009
                    In a message dated 4/3/09 9:28:02 PM, mompey@... writes:

                    > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and
                    > U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                    > >
                    > > Dom
                    > >
                    > HI Dom, I think its the MTL.
                    >
                    > Mike.

                    The test shell I had from Searails could accomodate either the AZL GP7
                    chassis of MTL's GP chassis. The AZL chassis may be slightly better since you can
                    pop of the couplers easier. The Searails shell as body mount couplers. If you
                    use the MTL chassis, you will have to modify the trucks to work with the body
                    mount coupler on the shell.

                    Rob

                    Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                    6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                    Dublin, OH 43016
                    phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                    www.ztrack.com
                    www.ztrackcenter.com
                    Distributor American Z Line

                  • de Champeaux Dominique
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                      Thanks for the input Rob. For my spare MTL chassis I'm now waiting for the U18B shell....

                      Another question: what about handrails for all these shells?

                      Dom

                    • ztrack@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                        Dom,

                        Searails has indicated that hand rails will be available for these locos.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                          Ah, OK, Rob, sorry and thank you!