Re: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE

  • robertfage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
      link does not work

      Bob Fage (in the UK)

    • Ed Dalman
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
        Thanks Uwe,
         I got it too!
        Ed
        --- On Wed, 4/1/09, Uwe Liermann <maillist@...> wrote:

        From: Uwe Liermann <maillist@...>
        Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE
        To: "Loren" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 10:23 AM

        Hello Loren,

        > page does not load for me?

        try this:

        http://www.searails .com/railroadmod els/engineshells .html

        --
        GreetingZ
        Uwe

      • Alan Cox
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
          > Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

          URL needs ".html" on the end but they look nice - especially for 3D
          printer based models.

          Do you have non US prices ?
        • Robert Ray
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
            sea_rails wrote:

            > ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!!

            Does the price of the shell include the truck sideframes, fuel tank, and the handrails? I could not find info or pictures of them.

            Thanks,
            Robert
          • Don A
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
              There are a couple of spaces in the link. Remove them and it works.

              ...don

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

              > link does not work
              >
              > Bob Fage (in the UK)

            • Harbormaster
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                Mr. Cox,
                The export price is the same in US$.
                Shipping, packaging, and export fees are not included and are quoted within 24 hours of request with full shipping address provided.
                VAT is not included.
                Thanks for asking.
                Jim

              • de Champeaux Dominique
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                  >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).

                  Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?

                  Dom
                • mompey
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009

                    > >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).
                    >
                    > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                    >
                    > Dom

                    HI Dom, I think its the MTL.

                    Mike.
                  • ztrack@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009
                      In a message dated 4/3/09 9:28:02 PM, mompey@... writes:

                      > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and
                      > U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                      > >
                      > > Dom
                      > >
                      > HI Dom, I think its the MTL.
                      >
                      > Mike.

                      The test shell I had from Searails could accomodate either the AZL GP7
                      chassis of MTL's GP chassis. The AZL chassis may be slightly better since you can
                      pop of the couplers easier. The Searails shell as body mount couplers. If you
                      use the MTL chassis, you will have to modify the trucks to work with the body
                      mount coupler on the shell.

                      Rob

                      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                      Dublin, OH 43016
                      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                      www.ztrack.com
                      www.ztrackcenter.com
                      Distributor American Z Line

                    • de Champeaux Dominique
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                        Thanks for the input Rob. For my spare MTL chassis I'm now waiting for the U18B shell....

                        Another question: what about handrails for all these shells?

                        Dom

                      • ztrack@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                          Dom,

                          Searails has indicated that hand rails will be available for these locos.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                            Ah, OK, Rob, sorry and thank you!