Re: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE

  • robertfage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1 10:14 AM
      link does not work

      Bob Fage (in the UK)

    • Ed Dalman
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1 1:54 PM

        Jim,

        Would not load the link.

        Ed

        --- On Wed, 4/1/09, sea_rails <harbormaster@...> wrote:

        From: sea_rails <harbormaster@...>
        Subject: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE
        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 10:12 AM

        ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for full details).

        There is a $50 PayPal "Buy Now" button at;

        http://www.searails .com/railroadmod els/engineshells

        That's right, we overestimated our original costs, and are passing on that savings.

        Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

        Malcolm Cleveland and Dan Stirpe provided power chassis and other sugggestions for both B-B and C-C shells, and David George, and Fred Ladd also provided first hand review and suggestions - this was truly a team efort!

        Jim

      • Ed Dalman
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1 1:59 PM
          Thanks Uwe,
           I got it too!
          Ed
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1 3:14 PM
            > Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

            URL needs ".html" on the end but they look nice - especially for 3D
            printer based models.

            Do you have non US prices ?
          • Robert Ray
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1 3:46 PM
              sea_rails wrote:

              > ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!!

              Does the price of the shell include the truck sideframes, fuel tank, and the handrails? I could not find info or pictures of them.

              Thanks,
              Robert
            • Don A
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1 4:51 PM
                There are a couple of spaces in the link. Remove them and it works.

                ...don

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

                > link does not work
                >
                > Bob Fage (in the UK)

              • Harbormaster
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1 5:54 PM
                  Mr. Cox,
                  The export price is the same in US$.
                  Shipping, packaging, and export fees are not included and are quoted within 24 hours of request with full shipping address provided.
                  VAT is not included.
                  Thanks for asking.
                  Jim

                • de Champeaux Dominique
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 2 10:23 PM
                    >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).

                    Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?

                    Dom
                  • mompey
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 3 6:26 PM

                      > >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).
                      >
                      > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                      >
                      > Dom

                      HI Dom, I think its the MTL.

                      Mike.
                    • ztrack@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 3 7:17 PM
                        In a message dated 4/3/09 9:28:02 PM, mompey@... writes:

                        > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and
                        > U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                        > >
                        > > Dom
                        > >
                        > HI Dom, I think its the MTL.
                        >
                        > Mike.

                        The test shell I had from Searails could accomodate either the AZL GP7
                        chassis of MTL's GP chassis. The AZL chassis may be slightly better since you can
                        pop of the couplers easier. The Searails shell as body mount couplers. If you
                        use the MTL chassis, you will have to modify the trucks to work with the body
                        mount coupler on the shell.

                        Rob

                        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                        Dublin, OH 43016
                        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                        www.ztrack.com
                        www.ztrackcenter.com
                        Distributor American Z Line

                      • de Champeaux Dominique
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 4 1:16 AM
                          Thanks for the input Rob. For my spare MTL chassis I'm now waiting for the U18B shell....

                          Another question: what about handrails for all these shells?

                          Dom

                        • ztrack@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 4 5:16 AM
                            Dom,

                            Searails has indicated that hand rails will be available for these locos.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 4 5:37 AM
                              Ah, OK, Rob, sorry and thank you!