Re: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE

  • robertfage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009

        From: "Uwe Liermann" <maillist@...>
        To: "Loren" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:23 AM
        Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009

          Jim,

          Would not load the link.

          Ed

          --- On Wed, 4/1/09, sea_rails <harbormaster@...> wrote:

          From: sea_rails <harbormaster@...>
          Subject: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE
          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 10:12 AM

          ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for full details).

          There is a $50 PayPal "Buy Now" button at;

          http://www.searails .com/railroadmod els/engineshells

          That's right, we overestimated our original costs, and are passing on that savings.

          Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

          Malcolm Cleveland and Dan Stirpe provided power chassis and other sugggestions for both B-B and C-C shells, and David George, and Fred Ladd also provided first hand review and suggestions - this was truly a team efort!

          Jim

        • Ed Dalman
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
            Thanks Uwe,
             I got it too!
            Ed
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
              > Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

              URL needs ".html" on the end but they look nice - especially for 3D
              printer based models.

              Do you have non US prices ?
            • Robert Ray
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                sea_rails wrote:

                > ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!!

                Does the price of the shell include the truck sideframes, fuel tank, and the handrails? I could not find info or pictures of them.

                Thanks,
                Robert
              • Don A
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                  There are a couple of spaces in the link. Remove them and it works.

                  ...don

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

                  > link does not work
                  >
                  > Bob Fage (in the UK)

                • Harbormaster
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                    Mr. Cox,
                    The export price is the same in US$.
                    Shipping, packaging, and export fees are not included and are quoted within 24 hours of request with full shipping address provided.
                    VAT is not included.
                    Thanks for asking.
                    Jim

                  • de Champeaux Dominique
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                      >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).

                      Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?

                      Dom
                    • mompey
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009

                        > >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).
                        >
                        > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                        >
                        > Dom

                        HI Dom, I think its the MTL.

                        Mike.
                      • ztrack@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009
                          In a message dated 4/3/09 9:28:02 PM, mompey@... writes:

                          > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and
                          > U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                          > >
                          > > Dom
                          > >
                          > HI Dom, I think its the MTL.
                          >
                          > Mike.

                          The test shell I had from Searails could accomodate either the AZL GP7
                          chassis of MTL's GP chassis. The AZL chassis may be slightly better since you can
                          pop of the couplers easier. The Searails shell as body mount couplers. If you
                          use the MTL chassis, you will have to modify the trucks to work with the body
                          mount coupler on the shell.

                          Rob

                          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                          Dublin, OH 43016
                          phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                          www.ztrack.com
                          www.ztrackcenter.com
                          Distributor American Z Line

                        • de Champeaux Dominique
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                            Thanks for the input Rob. For my spare MTL chassis I'm now waiting for the U18B shell....

                            Another question: what about handrails for all these shells?

                            Dom

                          • ztrack@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                              Dom,

                              Searails has indicated that hand rails will be available for these locos.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                                Ah, OK, Rob, sorry and thank you!