Re: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE

  • robertfage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
      link does not work

      Bob Fage (in the UK)

    • Loren
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
        Jim,

        page does not load for me?

        From: "sea_rails" <harbormaster@...>
        To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:12 AM
        Subject: [Z_Scale] ENGINE SHELL RELEASE

        > ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em,
        > THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for
        > full details).
        >
        > There is a $50 PayPal "Buy Now" button at;
        >
        > http://www.searails.com/railroadmodels/engineshells
        >
        > That's right, we overestimated our original costs, and are passing on that
        > savings.
        >
        > Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical
        > suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are
        > proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.
        >
        > Malcolm Cleveland and Dan Stirpe provided power chassis and other
        > sugggestions for both B-B and C-C shells, and David George, and Fred Ladd
        > also provided first hand review and suggestions - this was truly a team
        > efort!
        >
        > Jim

      • Uwe Liermann
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
          Hello Loren,

          > page does not load for me?

          try this:

          http://www.searails.com/railroadmodels/engineshells.html

          --
          GreetingZ
          Uwe
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
            Thanks Uwe,
            works !!

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009

              Jim,

              Would not load the link.

              Ed

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                Thanks Uwe,
                 I got it too!
                Ed
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                  > Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

                  URL needs ".html" on the end but they look nice - especially for 3D
                  printer based models.

                  Do you have non US prices ?
                • Robert Ray
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                    sea_rails wrote:

                    > ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!!

                    Does the price of the shell include the truck sideframes, fuel tank, and the handrails? I could not find info or pictures of them.

                    Thanks,
                    Robert
                  • Don A
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                      There are a couple of spaces in the link. Remove them and it works.

                      ...don

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

                      > link does not work
                      >
                      > Bob Fage (in the UK)

                    • Harbormaster
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                        Mr. Cox,
                        The export price is the same in US$.
                        Shipping, packaging, and export fees are not included and are quoted within 24 hours of request with full shipping address provided.
                        VAT is not included.
                        Thanks for asking.
                        Jim

                      • de Champeaux Dominique
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                          >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).

                          Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?

                          Dom
                        • mompey
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009

                            > >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).
                            >
                            > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                            >
                            > Dom

                            HI Dom, I think its the MTL.

                            Mike.
                          • ztrack@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009
                              In a message dated 4/3/09 9:28:02 PM, mompey@... writes:

                              > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and
                              > U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                              > >
                              > > Dom
                              > >
                              > HI Dom, I think its the MTL.
                              >
                              > Mike.

                              The test shell I had from Searails could accomodate either the AZL GP7
                              chassis of MTL's GP chassis. The AZL chassis may be slightly better since you can
                              pop of the couplers easier. The Searails shell as body mount couplers. If you
                              use the MTL chassis, you will have to modify the trucks to work with the body
                              mount coupler on the shell.

                              Rob

                              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                              Dublin, OH 43016
                              phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                              www.ztrack.com
                              www.ztrackcenter.com
                              Distributor American Z Line

                            • de Champeaux Dominique
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                                Thanks for the input Rob. For my spare MTL chassis I'm now waiting for the U18B shell....

                                Another question: what about handrails for all these shells?

                                Dom

                              • ztrack@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                                  Dom,

                                  Searails has indicated that hand rails will be available for these locos.

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                                    Ah, OK, Rob, sorry and thank you!