ENGINE SHELL RELEASE

  • sea_rails
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
      ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for full details).

      There is a $50 PayPal "Buy Now" button at;

      http://www.searails.com/railroadmodels/engineshells

      That's right, we overestimated our original costs, and are passing on that savings.

      Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

      Malcolm Cleveland and Dan Stirpe provided power chassis and other sugggestions for both B-B and C-C shells, and David George, and Fred Ladd also provided first hand review and suggestions - this was truly a team efort!

      Jim
    • robertfage@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
        link does not work

        Bob Fage (in the UK)

      • Loren
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
          Jim,

          page does not load for me?

          > ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em,
          > THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for
          > full details).
          >
          > There is a $50 PayPal "Buy Now" button at;
          >
          > http://www.searails.com/railroadmodels/engineshells
          >
          > That's right, we overestimated our original costs, and are passing on that
          > savings.
          >
          > Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical
          > suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are
          > proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.
          >
          > Malcolm Cleveland and Dan Stirpe provided power chassis and other
          > sugggestions for both B-B and C-C shells, and David George, and Fred Ladd
          > also provided first hand review and suggestions - this was truly a team
          > efort!
          >
          > Jim

        • Uwe Liermann
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
            Hello Loren,

            > page does not load for me?

            try this:

            http://www.searails.com/railroadmodels/engineshells.html

            --
            GreetingZ
            Uwe
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
              Thanks Uwe,
              works !!

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009

                Jim,

                Would not load the link.

                Ed

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                  Thanks Uwe,
                   I got it too!
                  Ed
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                    > Rob Kluz reveiwed a pre-production prototype and made some critical suggestions which we used to produce Z scale models that are proportionally correct in LxWxH, and visibility of surface detail.

                    URL needs ".html" on the end but they look nice - especially for 3D
                    printer based models.

                    Do you have non US prices ?
                  • Robert Ray
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                      sea_rails wrote:

                      > ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, THREE new engine shells!!!!!

                      Does the price of the shell include the truck sideframes, fuel tank, and the handrails? I could not find info or pictures of them.

                      Thanks,
                      Robert
                    • Don A
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                        There are a couple of spaces in the link. Remove them and it works.

                        ...don

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

                        > link does not work
                        >
                        > Bob Fage (in the UK)

                      • Harbormaster
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                          Mr. Cox,
                          The export price is the same in US$.
                          Shipping, packaging, and export fees are not included and are quoted within 24 hours of request with full shipping address provided.
                          VAT is not included.
                          Thanks for asking.
                          Jim

                        • de Champeaux Dominique
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                            >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).

                            Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?

                            Dom
                          • mompey
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009

                              > >Ta-dah!, on April 13, 2009 SEARAILS will begin shipping THREE, count 'em, >THREE new engine shells!!!!! (please see attached Press Release FILE for >full details).
                              >
                              > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                              >
                              > Dom

                              HI Dom, I think its the MTL.

                              Mike.
                            • ztrack@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009
                                In a message dated 4/3/09 9:28:02 PM, mompey@... writes:

                                > Gee! Do you confirm these shells and the future ones (Switcher, GP20 and
                                > U18B) are done for MTL Geep chassis, or for AZL's?
                                > >
                                > > Dom
                                > >
                                > HI Dom, I think its the MTL.
                                >
                                > Mike.

                                The test shell I had from Searails could accomodate either the AZL GP7
                                chassis of MTL's GP chassis. The AZL chassis may be slightly better since you can
                                pop of the couplers easier. The Searails shell as body mount couplers. If you
                                use the MTL chassis, you will have to modify the trucks to work with the body
                                mount coupler on the shell.

                                Rob

                                Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                                6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                                Dublin, OH 43016
                                phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                                www.ztrack.com
                                www.ztrackcenter.com
                                Distributor American Z Line

                              • de Champeaux Dominique
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                                  Thanks for the input Rob. For my spare MTL chassis I'm now waiting for the U18B shell....

                                  Another question: what about handrails for all these shells?

                                  Dom

                                • ztrack@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                                    Dom,

                                    Searails has indicated that hand rails will be available for these locos.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 4, 2009
                                      Ah, OK, Rob, sorry and thank you!