Re: [Z_Scale] z-gauge advice

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
      Rob, Reynard,

      Both very good answers. I'd add one thing to your list........a fearless
      attitude ofc "I can do this, yes I can"

      Z can be daunting when you look at the challenges, but truthfully said, once
      you get into it and dedicate yourself to Z you begin to have a new love
      affair and it usually, most often is not curable. Just be careful your new
      lover doesn't take too much time away from your wife or girl friend. They
      can and will get jealous if you don't balance the equation.

      In my case I am very fortunate, as my wife loves the stuff and is immersed
      in it up to her elbows.....still a little ways to her eyeballs... :o)

      Chuck, years ago I took up racquet ball as a sport and for exercise. I was
      told early on that a person either loves it or hates it.
      Fortunately for me, I fell in love with it even though I got a few bruises
      and bumps along the garden path.
      Same goes for Z scale. You either love it or abandon it along life's
      walkway and go looking for some magazine to read or some John Wayne rerun on
      TV.

      "Feel the force Chuck.........feel the force"

      Enjoy the adventure as we are all in this together and are very willing to
      offer advice and help as you need it.

      Go forth and conquor.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
        Chuck,
        Picture this.........Ed pulls into a camp site or RV park and sets up camp.
        He then opens his storage compartment and pulls out his Z layout and
        commences to run it right there in plain sight of all who pass by. If you
        have ever camped in the woods, or some other nice place, then you know that
        vacationers who walk by your camp site often stop and chat.

        Won't they be blown away by Ed's layout!! What a marvelous opportunity to
        share Z and spread the diseaZe......Ed will become a true roving Z
        ambassador and put smiles on many a face. Now, that's living!!!!

        I'm kind of envious really,