Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Marcy Catlett

  • dpstripe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 31, 2009
      That only works if she knows her ex's password to log onto it in the first
      place.
      Dan S.

      In a message dated 3/31/2009 12:19:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      sschulman541@... writes:

      An even easier way is to click on "EDIT MEMBERSHIP" at the top of the page.
      When the next screen comes up scroll to the bottom and the click on "LEAVE
      GROUP". I think it will ask if your sure , click on yes or OK and it's done.
      --Steve from the other Phoenix

      **************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or

    • Don A
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 31, 2009
        She can NOT do that UNLESS she has the name and password to the account. I just checked on my own account, and it is obvious when you think about it. Every "teenager" on the Internet would be deleting everyone else.

        ...don

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "stevegail" <sschulman541@...> wrote:

        > An even easier way is to click on "EDIT MEMBERSHIP" at the top of the page. When the next screen comes up scroll to the bottom and the click on "LEAVE GROUP". I think it will ask if your sure , click on yes or OK and it's done.
        > --Steve from the other Phoenix
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <cct24@> wrote:
        > >
        > > NO it isn't, that is not what she is asking.
        > >
        > > Marcy, send a blank e-mail to this address:

        > > Yahoo will then send you an e-mail to confirm that you want to unsubscribe,
        > > simply reply to it and it will remove you from the list.
        > >
        > > There is no reason to make a rule.
        > >
        > > David

      • Alan Cox
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 31, 2009
          On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:51:21 -0000
          "Don A" <zbarr474@...> wrote:

          > She can NOT do that UNLESS she has the name and password to the account.

          If you receive mail for the address you can get the account password
          reset. If you don't receive email for the address then you can't but
          equally you don't appear to be the account owner.

          There is a reason it is set up this way - yahoo moderators on lists have
          no idea whether the request they receive is genuine or not...
        • munroda.t21@btinternet.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
            Forgive my getting involved in this thread, but if a request is made from a subscriber to the group moderator for deletion from the group, then the moderator should do it. It doesn't matter if the moderator thinks that verification is required. If the subscriber still means to be a member then they will join.

            To be honest, although I love Z-Gauge, I am thinking of leaving since the volume of mailings and reading through everything is so time consuming. It is like being in a full-time job again. Don't get me wrong, I love the enthusiasm, the obvious skills and the helping out from longer serving member of the scale to the newbies, it is just the volume, especially since most people do not delete the part of the thread unrelated to their response.

            David (AKA "Who?")

            In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "M & J Piersdorff" <countylovers@...> wrote:

            > Marcy, easiest and quickest way to get rid of the problem is to set up a message rule that sends all traffic from this address (z_scale @ yahoogroups.com leaving out the spaces around the @ symbol) to Deleted Items. If that folder is set to empty everytime you close your e-mail program, you will never see this stuff.
            >
            > Michael

          • David Barnblatt
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
              Actually, the user/member can on their own do the following:

              unsubcribe from the group
              choose to get individual emails
              choose to get a once a day digest of all the activity in the group
              for that day
              choose to stay a member of the group but not receive any emails at all

              It is, as it should be, up to the yahoo user/subscriber. And all of
              this is fully accessible in the member's control panel for yahoo groups.

              On Apr 1, 2009, at 3:01 PM, munroda.t21@... wrote:

              > Forgive my getting involved in this thread, but if a request is
              > made from a subscriber to the group moderator for deletion from the
              > group, then the moderator should do it. It doesn't matter if the
              > moderator thinks that verification is required. If the subscriber
              > still means to be a member then they will join.
              >
              > To be honest, although I love Z-Gauge, I am thinking of leaving
              > since the volume of mailings and reading through everything is so
              > time consuming. It is like being in a full-time job again. Don't
              > get me wrong, I love the enthusiasm, the obvious skills and the
              > helping out from longer serving member of the scale to the newbies,
              > it is just the volume, especially since most people do not delete
              > the part of the thread unrelated to their response.
              >
              > David (AKA "Who?")

            • Chris
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                Hi David.

                2009/4/1 munroda.t21@... <munroda@...>:
                > Forgive my getting involved in this thread, but if a request is made from a
                > subscriber to the group moderator for deletion from the group, then the
                > moderator should do it. It doesn't matter if the moderator thinks that
                > verification is required. If the subscriber still means to be a member then
                > they will join.
                >
                > To be honest, although I love Z-Gauge, I am thinking of leaving since the
                > volume of mailings and reading through everything is so time consuming. It
                > is like being in a full-time job again. Don't get me wrong, I love the
                > enthusiasm, the obvious skills and the helping out from longer serving
                > member of the scale to the newbies, it is just the volume, especially since
                > most people do not delete the part of the thread unrelated to their
                > response.

                I. too, thought of pulling out a while back. However I have stuck with
                it. Googlemail does a good job of putting threads together so most of
                the posts I just let accumulate and then delete unread. It is worth it
                for teh few gems that do interest me.

                With best wishes from Skye,
                Chris

                --
                Chris Manvell
                http://trains.manvell.org.uk/
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                  On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:01:46 -0000
                  "munroda.t21@..." <munroda@...> wrote:

                  > Forgive my getting involved in this thread, but if a request is made from a subscriber to the group moderator for deletion from the group, then the moderator should do it.

                  Unfortunately you get fake requests to remove people from lists (often
                  sent off list and sometimes sent with the From faked)

                  So you are right if the request is made from a subscriber - but you can't
                  verify a subscriber by email - hence Yahoo makes sure if you own the
                  email account you can always get a new valid password to rescue your
                  account (amongst other things because we all lose passwords now and then)
                • David Epling
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                    I have to strongly disagree. I own a few lists and moderate a few. As a list
                    owner, I make it a policy NOT To unsubscribe someone on request. Here is
                    why. At the bottom of EVERY message sent from a yahoogroup are the
                    instructions for unsubscribing. If a person is smart enough to get on a
                    list, they should be smart enough to take themselves off the list.

                    In this case, Marcy has flat our said her "EX" was on this list and now she
                    wanted that e-mail address off of this list.

                    Now this may not be the case, but if (using Marcy as an example and not
                    implying this is the case) Marcy and her ex are slinging mud at each
                    other...this would be one way for Marcy to do it..get on all of her ex's
                    lists and tell them the story she told us. next day along comes the ex
                    wondering why he's no longer on any of his lists.

                    My wife and I have separate E-mail addresses. We are on a couple of lists
                    together but under our separate addresses.

                    Best to let them unsub themselves

                    David

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                      A hundred dollars says you can not unsubscribe UNLESS you are logged in.
                      Since she doesn't have the password info, she can't log in. Now apologize
                      to her.

                      ...don

                      On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Elizabeth Hayes <ehayes24@...>wrote:

                      > if you actually took the time to read the page, at the top it says "you
                      > have subscribed to this list" then it says "unsubscibe" with a link to
                      > click. How hard is that to figure out. Sheeeeeshh. No wonder you have an EX
                      > husband.
                      >

                      > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: countylovers@...
                      > Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:26:26 -0400
                      > Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Marcy Catlett
                      >

                      > Marcy, easiest and quickest way to get rid of the problem is to set up a
                      > message rule that sends all traffic from this address (z_scale @
                      > yahoogroups.com leaving out the spaces around the @ symbol) to Deleted
                      > Items. If that folder is set to empty everytime you close your e-mail
                      > program, you will never see this stuff.
                      >
                      > Michael

                      ...don a, Northern Ohio, USA

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                        The moderators have removed Elizabeth's post as it personally attacked Ms.
                        Catlett. We have also placed Elizabeth on moderated status. Personal attacks
                        will not be tolerated on this forum. Please end this thread. The owner and
                        moderators of this list will review the Catlett request and make the appropriate
                        move to remove the account or leave it open.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                          On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:39:46 -0400
                          Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

                          > A hundred dollars says you can not unsubscribe UNLESS you are logged in.
                          > Since she doesn't have the password info, she can't log in. Now apologize
                          > to her.

                          Please see the original discussion. If you are getting the email you can
                          click on the send me a password option on the web page
                        • Glen Chenier
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                            There is no need to continue this topic. I removed Ms Catlett from list membership as per her request on the evening of 31 March 2009.

                            Was I wrong to do this? Subsequent posts give same valid reasons why I should not have done this. I had to make a decision quickly and made it. From Ms Catlett's message it appeared she was not familiar with yahoo procedures. I can relate. Rather than making her jump through hoops I simply followed her wishes and removed her membership.

                            Not banned. Removed. The membership can always be restored.

                            > On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:39:46 -0400
                            > Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > A hundred dollars says you can not unsubscribe UNLESS you are logged in.
                            > > Since she doesn't have the password info, she can't log in. Now apologize
                            > > to her.
                            >
                            > Please see the original discussion. If you are getting the email you can
                            > click on the send me a password option on the web page

                          • Jim O'Connell
                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                              Glen, You did the right thing. Time to move on folks. Cheers, Jim CCRR
                            • ronaldjhurley
                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                                Absolutely Glen, and my thanks for the fine job you do for us.
                                ron

                                Message 15 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                                  No, you owe her a 100.00 and an apology

                                  If you are using Outlook or Outlook Express or any other E-mail client, all
                                  you have to do is send a blank e-mail from the subscribed account to:

                                  Yahoo will send that address a confirmation that all she has to do is reply
                                  to it and it will unsubscribe the address

                                  PAY UP

                                  <ehayes24@...>wrote:

                                  > if you actually took the time to read the page, at the top it says "you
                                  > have subscribed to this list" then it says "unsubscibe" with a link to
                                  > click. How hard is that to figure out. Sheeeeeshh. No wonder you have an
                                  > EX
                                  > husband.
                                  >

                                  > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                                  > From: countylovers@...
                                  > Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:26:26 -0400
                                  > Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Marcy Catlett
                                  >

                                  > Marcy, easiest and quickest way to get rid of the problem is to set up a
                                  > message rule that sends all traffic from this address (z_scale @
                                  > yahoogroups.com leaving out the spaces around the @ symbol) to Deleted
                                  > Items. If that folder is set to empty everytime you close your e-mail
                                  > program, you will never see this stuff.
                                  >
                                  > Michael

                                  ....don a, Northern Ohio, USA

                                • David Epling
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                                    You did the right thing in this case, I know I was one of the people that
                                    spoke against it but in this situation, as all situations go, there is
                                    always two sides.

                                    However, Don did give bad advice today.

                                    There is no need to continue this topic. I removed Ms Catlett from list
                                    membership as per her request on the evening of 31 March 2009.

                                    Was I wrong to do this? Subsequent posts give same valid reasons why I
                                    should not have done this. I had to make a decision quickly and made it.
                                    From Ms Catlett's message it appeared she was not familiar with yahoo
                                    procedures. I can relate. Rather than making her jump through hoops I
                                    simply followed her wishes and removed her membership.

                                    Not banned. Removed. The membership can always be restored.

                                    > On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:39:46 -0400
                                    > Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > A hundred dollars says you can not unsubscribe UNLESS you are logged in.
                                    > > Since she doesn't have the password info, she can't log in. Now
                                    > > apologize
                                    > > to her.
                                    >
                                    > Please see the original discussion. If you are getting the email you can
                                    > click on the send me a password option on the web page

                                  • Garth Hamilton
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Apr 6, 2009
                                      Glen

                                      Thanks for this my faith in the group running this crowd is restored.

                                      AH MEN

                                      Garth