Buying "mint, has never been run" locos

  • Jacob Munkhammar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 1999
      To all you experienced z-heads out there,

      Any warnings, hints, or suggestions to a z-scale newbie, about buying 10 or
      20 year old locos from collectors, who have run the locos very little or
      not at all?

      Earlier discussions on this list has hinted that lubrication goes bad, and
      I'd hate to start my z-career by burning the motor on some collectable
      piece...

      Other problems to be aware of?

      /Jacob

      PS. No offence to collectors, z-scale trains *are* jewels!

      - - - Jacob Munkhammar - - - jacob@... - - -
      - ARCHITECTURE - DESIGN - COMP.SOFTWARE - WRITING -
      mail: Arkitekt Christies gate 4b, N-7012 Trondheim, Norway
      www: http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~jacob/