Running long trains any . larger circles of MTL or Marklin

  • thomasc600
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2009
      Yes I use greeseum but I dont just due under truck I also due couplers pockets help coupler swing Biggest rule no 2 type same cars run or behave alike. im mixing 40 and 50 ft. cars well cars ,penzee and Fr cars. Robert ray,s car run flawless. and my 70 ft deep well flat car and I due mean deep well goose neck style . Most shows on 4 ft lay- out try keep trains down 22 to 24 cars . if they want me run switches I have be much more picky choice of car due to 13 inch circle outer circle is 15 inch. Even new MTl passanger cars work ok if run reduced speed. my engine line up varies from gp 7 and gp -35 or gp 35 and gp- 9. Half the ans. starts good level running track. I learned lots from good z scales such as Garth MR Dave Loren Robert ray Bill H. Remmber I still make my share stupid mistakes. Thomas