RE: [Z_Scale] Dust free layout

  • Matthew Parker
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 6:29 AM
      That's a great idea. Something I had never considered before. I don't have carpet on the floor of my rec room which is where my layout will be housed once I get really going on it. But yes indeed. Excellent idea.

      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      From: ghy9@...
      Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:58:35 +0000
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Dust free layout

      Well maybe dust free is a little strong, but I do three things that
      have greatly helped.

      I have a HEPA air filter on a shelf slightly above my layout, with the
      clean air blowing the length of my layout. I leave it on 24x7.

      Our house has central AC/heat. I bought air filters that fit inside
      the air ducts for the train room and change them every three months.
      Even though the system has a high performance filter, the ones in the
      duct still collect a noticeable amount of dust.

      The train room has carpet so I vacuum it weekly with a HEPA vacuum
      cleaner. I eventually want to take out the carpet, but will have to
      live with it a bit longer.