Re: Folding Legs-table top

  • Don A
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
      An ol' fart from Dave's team also checking in. The owners of all
      those modules that require an extension ladder to view all complain of
      sore backs and sore feet after a day at the convention floor. Not us.
      We have been sitting on our buckets all day and are just as comfy as
      can be. Run out and get a chain saw and cut those puppies down about
      a foot to fifteen inches or so... then we can just roll our chairs
      over and take a peek at your great layout work.

      ...don

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David George" <dgeorge24619@...> wrote:

      > Matt,et al,
      > All I can say is "Try it,,You'll Like it. "
      > I'm working on a new mountain module as we speak and I'm sitting on
      an adjustable,,roll around office chair,,doing all I need to do in
      blissful,,back supported ,,comfort.
      > I can reach to all odd corners of a larger module w/o resorting to a
      ladder or step stool & such.
      > Kids do NOT have to be lifted up to play trains with you ,,at shows
      ,,or at home.
      > Cordially,
      > Mister Dave
      > ps-Your project is very nice. I commend you for your ambition.

    • stevegail
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
        Mr.Dave--The SOZME showed at 39" height in Portland and as far as we
        could tell the reaction was very positive. Adults liked it and the
        kids were able to see all the ins and outs of Lorens many montains and
        passes plus people were able to see into the "guts" of his moving
        roadway. As far as we're concerned, 39" is a great height to show at.
        Come on over and check out our groups site. It's listed as
        Southern_Oregon_Z_Model_Engineers.
        --Steve from the other Phoenix
        wrote:

        > Matt,et al,
        > All I can say is "Try it,,You'll Like it. "
        > I'm working on a new mountain module as we speak and I'm sitting on
        an adjustable,,roll around office chair,,doing all I need to do in
        blissful,,back supported ,,comfort.
        > I can reach to all odd corners of a larger module w/o resorting to a
        ladder or step stool & such.
        > Kids do NOT have to be lifted up to play trains with you ,,at
        shows ,,or at home.
        > Cordially,
        > Mister Dave
        > ps-Your project is very nice. I commend you for your ambition.

      • Matthew Parker
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
          The more I read the more I'm thinking that my original height may be too much. 30 to 39 inches seems to be more reasonable for many reasons. Time to do some more rethink.

          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
          From: zbarr474@...
          Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:02:49 +0000
          Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Folding Legs-table top

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
            Steve,
            Please send me a live link to the SOZME website.
            Cut and paste from your note did not work.
            Cordially,
            Mister Dave

          • stevegail
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
              Mister Dave (and anyone else who wishes to sign up) try this address.
              --Steve