RE: [Z_Scale] Re: Rough Running

  • Matthew Parker
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 1, 2009
      A hair dryer. Now that's a great idea. Thanks

      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      From: AFN47583@...
      Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:53:55 -0500
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Rough Running

      Ever tried a simple hair dryer? Set on cool so you don't get heat and
      high speed it should do a decent job. I have a HEPA and negative ion
      generator going to keep the dust just about eliminated.

      Manfred

      Loren wrote:
      > Matt,
      > I just built a protective carrying cover for Steve Schulman's module out of
      > wood and it turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself. Didn't think to
      > take any photos so maybe Steve could some and post them. The box is light
      > weight and not only protects the module during transportation but allows you
      > to actually stack some things on top of the module during transportation and
      > during storage.
      >
      > I am now an expert in how "not" to transport modules to train
      > shows........just ask Steve, Joe and my wife. Karin thought she was going
      > to see me melt down.........and that was before we got out of town on our
      > way to Anaheim this past summer. Bungi cords to the temporary rescue along
      > with a strong one for the road, (Pepsi in my case).
      >
      > If you like wood working and have a few basic power tools (table saw, chop
      > saw, router, brad nailer, and sander and glue, you can end up with a nice
      > box and for minimal price. I'd build yours for you, but you wouldn't like
      > the shipping costs.
      >
      > Matter of fact, I got so jazzed from making Steve's box that I just went out
      > and bought four more sheets of plywood for three of my own module covers.
      > When I get them done I'll post pictures.
      >
      > If Joe D'Amato and I get down to the Cow Palace in March, these new covers
      > will prove mighty handy and useful.
      >
      > Time to power up the old table saw.......
      >
      > OBTW, the box fan won't blow enough dust off, you need hurricane force winds
      > to dislodge the stuff. Just don't get too close or careless with your
      > blower or you will see module scenery in the neighbor's lawn...
      > ;o)
      >
      > Loren

    • Matthew Parker
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 1, 2009
        A hair dryer. Now that's a great idea. Thanks

        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        From: AFN47583@...
        Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:53:55 -0500