Re: [Z_Scale] Re: The Metric System

  • Manfred G
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1 11:13 AM
      Daniel,

      My dad didn't even consider Swiss German a language at all. He always
      called it a throat disease. :-)

      Manfred

      Daniel Baechtold wrote:
      > David
      >
      > in fact swiss german is the easiest language of the world. no grammatic, just present, future and past perfect; and if you misspell a word just say it's another swiss accent :-)
      >
      > Daniel
      >

      > <1b. Re: The Metric System
      > < Posted by: "David K. Smith" david@... dks2855
      > < Date: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:28 pm ((PST))<<
      > <
      > <5280 feet in one mile. Very simple? Err... what about nautical miles?
      > <Tons or metric tons? Ounces or troy ounces? All of those arbitrary
      > <conversion numbers--5280, 12, 4, 3, etc.--must all be memorized. For
      > <metric, *everything* is based on 10. Nothing to remember. It cannot
      > <get any simpler.
      > <
      > <It's like saying English is the easiest language in the world. Well,
      > <it is only if you already know it! (The Cambridge Grammar of the
      > <English Language book is 1860 pages.) Spanish is actually considered
      > <one of the easiest languages in the world. Why? Virtually no
      > <exceptions. The same rules apply in all cases. Simple. Just like 10s.
      > <
      > <I'm really very sorry the US did not convert to metric when it was
      > <proposed all those years ago. The government cowtowed to a population
      > <of pig-headed people who simply refused to accept a superior system.
      > <What a waste.
      > <
      > <--David<
      > <
      > <http://jamesriverbranch.net/
      > <http://1-220.blogspot.com/

    • Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1 11:54 AM
        Hello Manfred,

        > My dad didn't even consider Swiss German a language at all. He always
        > called it a throat disease. :-)

        ...you must have misunderstood something there...

        Just imagine a nice slender girl reaching you a sweet Swiss "Schoggi"...

        ...and you will see that it is the most beautiful language of the
        world....

        ;-)))

        --
        GreetingZ
        Uwe
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1 2:25 PM
          AHHHhh. Well if you put it that way I can see that it is a very nice
          language. Heck I'm so broad minded that I will even say that it wouldn't
          matter what language she was using. I would like it very much. ;-D

          I wonder if that is due to the girl or what she is holding? Nah, better
          not to analyze to much.

          Manfred