Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Reposting - please refrain from quoting text in response to msg #60330

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi.

      2009/3/1 Alan Cox <alan@...>:
      > On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:59:17 -0000
      > "David K. Smith" <david@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Just one question... if all prior material is deleted from a post, how
      >> does one maintain context? I find quoted text to be useful;

      I agree with that provided that the quoted text is relevant.

      Continuity of messages, BTW, is IIRC maintained in the headers that
      one does not usually see.

      > The request as I read it was not to stop quoting material, but to stop
      > sending messages that looked like
      >
      > Me too !
      >
      >> [500 lines of quoted material]

      Precisely (except that the example I gave earlier was even worse with
      over 600 lines of mostly irrelevant text).

      Best wishes to all,
      Chris.

      --
      Chris Manvell