Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Reposting - please refrain from quoting text in response to msg #60330

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:59:17 -0000
      "David K. Smith" <david@...> wrote:

      > Just one question... if all prior material is deleted from a post, how
      > does one maintain context? I find quoted text to be useful;

      The request as I read it was not to stop quoting material, but to stop
      sending messages that looked like

      Me too !

      > [500 lines of quoted material]
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        Hi.

        2009/3/1 Alan Cox <alan@...>:
        > On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:59:17 -0000
        > "David K. Smith" <david@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Just one question... if all prior material is deleted from a post, how
        >> does one maintain context? I find quoted text to be useful;

        I agree with that provided that the quoted text is relevant.

        Continuity of messages, BTW, is IIRC maintained in the headers that
        one does not usually see.

        > The request as I read it was not to stop quoting material, but to stop
        > sending messages that looked like
        >
        > Me too !
        >
        >> [500 lines of quoted material]

        Precisely (except that the example I gave earlier was even worse with
        over 600 lines of mostly irrelevant text).

        Best wishes to all,
        Chris.

        --
        Chris Manvell