Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Reposting - quoting text in response to msg

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      > Therein lies some more problems. Firefox etc gives you emails in
      > chronological order from ALL sources. This means you constantly would

      Its entirely configurable.

      > have to chenge your settings for every email. Many people WANT the
      > older email attached. I know I do as an email coming in may be an

      I disagree entirely. It's considered rude and bad manners on lists not to
      trim content.

      Given your assertion I assume you can provide competent independant third
      party research to show your claim ?
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        Guys, Firefox is a browser, not an e-mail client and, as such, has no
        control over the way the client displays messages.

        Google Mail sorts purely by date received but mails can be labelled
        into categories. Thunderbird allows the user to sort mail by almost
        any field as does Outlook and Outlook Express. I cannot tell you what
        Yahoo Mail and Hotmail do as I never use, or have used, either for
        reading mail. Firefox only does the displaying, where applicable, of
        the data it is sent.

        Chris.

        --
        Chris Manvell
        http://trains.manvell.org.uk, http://family.manvell.org.uk,
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
          If you click on Reply via Web Post, you wind up on the Yahoo site and can easily trim
          whatever old text you want.

          Ell Geib

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chris <cmanvell@...> wrote:

          > Guys, Firefox is a browser, not an e-mail client and, as such, has no
          > control over the way the client displays messages.
          >
          > Google Mail sorts purely by date received but mails can be labelled
          > into categories. Thunderbird allows the user to sort mail by almost
          > any field as does Outlook and Outlook Express. I cannot tell you what
          > Yahoo Mail and Hotmail do as I never use, or have used, either for
          > reading mail. Firefox only does the displaying, where applicable, of
          > the data it is sent.
          >
          > Chris.

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
            I did actually discover that I have a Yahoo Mail account the other
            day. I had over 1000 unread messages, all of which I had read in
            digest form. Problem is that to be on groups.yahoo and/or
            webmessenger.yahoo it appears that one is give a mail.yahoo account
            whether one wants it or not.

            I use mail.google, not mail.yahoo.

            Chris.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
              Chris,

              I wasn't referring to Yahoo Mail. I have opted to get my messages from the group as a
              summary each day, usually 20-25 messages. After each message in the summary group I
              get, there are the following links

              Back to top
              Messages in this topic (6)

              I always click on Reply via Web Post which links to the Yahoo Group web page to Post a
              reply message. It's like going to the web page and clicking on Post a Message in the left
              panel. I also use a different ISP for my e-mail. I don't use a Yahoo Mail account.

              Ell