Folding Legs

  • Matt Parker
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 1 6:49 AM
      Does anyone here use legs that fold up into their modules. Something
      similar to scissor legs?
    • Matthew Parker
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 5 3:57 PM
        Thanks Thom.

        I know you're right, but even as I watch my little track travel around the oval, I can't help but get more and more excited about getting to it and getting it done. Being retired does have it's advantages in as far as time to do things. It's worries me though that I may not be around to complete my empire. But then, that's something none of use can count on. Is it. I have so much I want to do, just to get up and running. My excitment gets the best of me and my mind is already racing 30 steps ahead of where I actually am at this point in time. I'm reminded of that old saying, "If you build it, they will come." Well in my case, those that come will be my family and friends. As silly as this might sound, I'm already planning my Golden Spike party. The very day that I finish my layout, I am going to have a straight pin, painted gold, and I'm going to put it in the very last hole of the last section of track I lay and I'm going to have everyone that I love and trust there to witness it. We will have champagne and beer, and christen my empire properly. Well, maybe not breaking the bottle of champagne over the engines, but we will definitely drink lots of the bubbly. It will be a party and I'm so looking 15 years down the road to that day. Maybe it will be sooner. Who knows.

        I'm just iching to get really going. Building my benches is inself just the beginning. But as you say, it will all come in time. Ah yes! Time.

        Matt

        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        From: rvn20012000@...
        Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 23:32:05 +0000
        Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Folding Legs

        Thank you very much for your kind words, Matt

        I've been playing with Z scale since it came out in 1972 so I've had a little experience with it. I did N scale before that and converted most of it to HOn2 1/2. I very seldom leave something I bought alone for long. I'd love to just wave my hand and have things done for me too. I only "work" on my trains (or anything else for that matter) when the spirit moves me so it can be a long time between activity. Everyone works at their own pace which can be determined by attitude and budget. You have a bigger monthly train budget than I had until very recently.

        Relax, be patient, and, most of all, HAVE FUN!!!
        Soon you'll have trains running and your empire will grow before your eyes.

        Thom Welsch
        MidweZt HaulerZ