Track Radius

  • Matt Parker
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 7:14 AM
      Thanks for the suggestion about experimenting with long trains and
      track radius. Unfortunately at this point in time, I don't have nearly
      enough track, or a large number of freight cars to even begin such
      experiemnts. And with my engine out of commission I'm sort of dead in
      the water. It is a very sound idea and makes perfect sense. As soon as
      I can, I'll get to it. Should be quite the learning experience.
      A z-scale train of 70 cars? Now that's impressive. That would be great
      to see.
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 10:02 AM
        >A z-scale train of 70 cars? Now that's impressive. That would be great
        >to see.

        A few years ago I saw a N scale 120-car coal train, powered with 4 Dash9s, running on level track. Why not imagine the same thing in Z scale? The issue should be on a grade, but on level track in my opinion it's not a challenge.

        Dom