Re: The Metric System

  • Thomas Welsch
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
      I prefer my Z scale ruler for Z scale !!!!!

      Thom Welsch
    • Manfred G
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
        Daniel,

        My dad didn't even consider Swiss German a language at all. He always
        called it a throat disease. :-)

        Manfred

        Daniel Baechtold wrote:
        > David
        >
        > in fact swiss german is the easiest language of the world. no grammatic, just present, future and past perfect; and if you misspell a word just say it's another swiss accent :-)
        >
        > Daniel
        >

        > <1b. Re: The Metric System
        > < Posted by: "David K. Smith" david@... dks2855
        > < Date: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:28 pm ((PST))<<
        > <
        > <5280 feet in one mile. Very simple? Err... what about nautical miles?
        > <Tons or metric tons? Ounces or troy ounces? All of those arbitrary
        > <conversion numbers--5280, 12, 4, 3, etc.--must all be memorized. For
        > <metric, *everything* is based on 10. Nothing to remember. It cannot
        > <get any simpler.
        > <
        > <It's like saying English is the easiest language in the world. Well,
        > <it is only if you already know it! (The Cambridge Grammar of the
        > <English Language book is 1860 pages.) Spanish is actually considered
        > <one of the easiest languages in the world. Why? Virtually no
        > <exceptions. The same rules apply in all cases. Simple. Just like 10s.
        > <
        > <I'm really very sorry the US did not convert to metric when it was
        > <proposed all those years ago. The government cowtowed to a population
        > <of pig-headed people who simply refused to accept a superior system.
        > <What a waste.
        > <
        > <--David<
        > <
        > <http://jamesriverbranch.net/
        > <http://1-220.blogspot.com/

      • Uwe Liermann
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
          Hello Manfred,

          > My dad didn't even consider Swiss German a language at all. He always
          > called it a throat disease. :-)

          ...you must have misunderstood something there...

          Just imagine a nice slender girl reaching you a sweet Swiss "Schoggi"...

          ...and you will see that it is the most beautiful language of the
          world....

          ;-)))

          --
          GreetingZ
          Uwe
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
            AHHHhh. Well if you put it that way I can see that it is a very nice
            language. Heck I'm so broad minded that I will even say that it wouldn't
            matter what language she was using. I would like it very much. ;-D

            I wonder if that is due to the girl or what she is holding? Nah, better
            not to analyze to much.

            Manfred