Rough Running

  • Matt Parker
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 25, 2009
      I am experiencing problems with my engine.
      It has been running fine ever since I got it, but today, it ran fine
      for about 3 loops and then started running extremely rough. It is
      almost like it isn't getting power. It is hesitating, stalling, jerking
      and when I turn the throttle, I have to tap it to get it to move.
      I wonder if the problem is in the track. I had it apart today trying
      different curves and such, and then put it back where I had it, and the
      power just doesn't seem to be getting through.
      I've checked all the joins, and the pick up track, but nothing seems to
      work. In fact it appears to be getting worse.
      Can I use Isopropal alcohol to clean the tracks or is there something
      on the market I can use.
      Could the contacts on the engine wheels be fouled? I don't know if I
      can clean them given my eyesight and shakiness. Could be a difficult
      task.
      Suggestions please.
      Thanks
    • Matthew Parker
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 1, 2009
        A hair dryer. Now that's a great idea. Thanks

        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        From: AFN47583@...
        Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:53:55 -0500
        Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Rough Running

        Ever tried a simple hair dryer? Set on cool so you don't get heat and
        high speed it should do a decent job. I have a HEPA and negative ion
        generator going to keep the dust just about eliminated.

        Manfred