Re : [Z_Scale] Re: Micro Trains wish list

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 2, 2009
      Dom,

      While I work exclusively with flex track in N scale, I am designing a
      Z layout for my wife. I would like to use all MT track products and
      was wondering how the flex track mates with pre made roadbed of the MT
      turnouts? I'm really not interested in using sectional track at all,
      but I don't want to build the turnouts or pay outrageous money for
      Marklin.

      Thanks,

      Mike Mahoney

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, de Champeaux Dominique
      <ddechamp71@...> wrote:

      > >I'm not going to mess with flex-track.
      >
      > Far easier to use than all you can imagine. Myself I don't want to
      feel the boredom from sectional track as you have to stick to
      "mathematical" trackplans with it....

      > Dom

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 4, 2009
        >Dom,
        >
        >While I work exclusively with flex track in N scale, I am designing a
        >Z layout for my wife. I would like to use all MT track products and
        >was wondering how the flex track mates with pre made roadbed of the MT
        >turnouts? I'm really not interested in using sectional track at all,
        >but I don't want to build the turnouts or pay outrageous money for
        >Marklin.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Mike Mahoney

        Hi Mike, unfortunately I can't give you a reply with the match MTL Flex / MTL turnouts as I'm using Pater Wright's turnouts ( http://www.wrightturnouts.com ). Finally I chose them instead of MTL's samples because I found that even the MTL's are prone to stalls at very low speed, although they are power routing. Wright's turnouts are to this prospect completely "clean" due to their technology, with non-articulated points.

        And About Marklin's turnouts and tracks I can't say, I don't use them as in my opinion they don't match prototype american track (and this ugly side mechanism bores me).

        Dom

        Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme ! Récupérez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail ! http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/mail/transfert_mails.html