Re: Micro Trains wish list

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 2, 2009
      I have to agree with your two cents... more than my thoughts of when
      I started this thread.

      I do not own any Micro-Track, because of the limited selection.
      Yes... I would prefer a much larger selection of Micro-Track over new
      body-styles of cars.

      Would new track pieces be more cost effective than a new body-style
      for MTL?

      And... As easy as some of you make it sound... I'm not going to hand-
      lay or hand-build my own track. I'm not going to mess with flex-track.

      Thank you,

      Alex
      Tokyo, Japan

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "stonysmith" <stonysmith@...> wrote:

      > Here's my two cents.
      >
      > First, my own wish list (today) would include more Micro-Track
      > options, not just new cars.
      >
      > Stony
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 4, 2009
        >Dom,
        >
        >While I work exclusively with flex track in N scale, I am designing a
        >Z layout for my wife. I would like to use all MT track products and
        >was wondering how the flex track mates with pre made roadbed of the MT
        >turnouts? I'm really not interested in using sectional track at all,
        >but I don't want to build the turnouts or pay outrageous money for
        >Marklin.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Mike Mahoney

        Hi Mike, unfortunately I can't give you a reply with the match MTL Flex / MTL turnouts as I'm using Pater Wright's turnouts ( http://www.wrightturnouts.com ). Finally I chose them instead of MTL's samples because I found that even the MTL's are prone to stalls at very low speed, although they are power routing. Wright's turnouts are to this prospect completely "clean" due to their technology, with non-articulated points.

        And About Marklin's turnouts and tracks I can't say, I don't use them as in my opinion they don't match prototype american track (and this ugly side mechanism bores me).

        Dom

        Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme ! Récupérez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail ! http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/mail/transfert_mails.html