Micro Trains wish list

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 40 , Jan 30, 2009
      Hello fellow Z-Crackheads!

      How are you all?

      After "flipping" through the February issue of MTL's releases... I,
      once again, would like to mumble about seeing some thing different
      come out of Talent for Z-scale.

      Yes... I fully know and have heard the arguements about how little
      revenue Z-scale generates for MTL.
      But... really... instead of coming out with these "runner packs" of
      four of the same thing, that really are just re-releases of previous
      items... How about a few new body-styles?

      If you look at the N-scale selection... here are just some things I
      would like to see worked into Z-scale.

      40' drop bottom gondolas with woodchip extentions
      Heavyweight depressed-center flat car
      ACF three-dome tank car
      Three-bay Ortner rapid discharge hopper
      Bay Window Caboose

      If it's in N-scale... I really would like to see it released in Z-
      scale.

      If any thing... Loren would get more of my money.

      Thank you for reading my ramblings...

      Alex
      Tokyo, Japan
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 4, 2009
        >Dom,
        >
        >While I work exclusively with flex track in N scale, I am designing a
        >Z layout for my wife. I would like to use all MT track products and
        >was wondering how the flex track mates with pre made roadbed of the MT
        >turnouts? I'm really not interested in using sectional track at all,
        >but I don't want to build the turnouts or pay outrageous money for
        >Marklin.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Mike Mahoney

        Hi Mike, unfortunately I can't give you a reply with the match MTL Flex / MTL turnouts as I'm using Pater Wright's turnouts ( http://www.wrightturnouts.com ). Finally I chose them instead of MTL's samples because I found that even the MTL's are prone to stalls at very low speed, although they are power routing. Wright's turnouts are to this prospect completely "clean" due to their technology, with non-articulated points.

        And About Marklin's turnouts and tracks I can't say, I don't use them as in my opinion they don't match prototype american track (and this ugly side mechanism bores me).

        Dom

        Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme ! Récupérez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail ! http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/mail/transfert_mails.html