Re: Re : [Z_Scale] Re: Z-Scale FAIRBANKS MORSE Trainmaster

  • Randall Smidt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2009
      There is an outside chance that someday Hallmark might release a Christmas ornament of an FM Trainmaster as this was one of their more popular "models".  Some of Hallmark's "box scale" replicas of Lionel toy trains of yore have been used as a basis for kitbashing projects in Z.  The bigger the prototype train was, the smaller the scale of their ornaments are.  We've seen examples ranging from 1/207 down to about 1/250 scale in the last few years.

      I am hoping for either a Virginian Trainmaster (2009 is Virginian's 100th anniversary year) or a NH EP-5 as Hallmark's 2009 release.  We'll see what they come up with for this year when they release in July.

      Randy Smidt