OT-Salt Lake City

  • Rocco
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      I'm in Salt Lake City for several days.

      1. Any shops (Z-scale) to visit?

      2. Rode TRAX (light rail) from Sandy (southern metropolitan Salt Lake) to downtown and back. If only more cities in the US had such nice transportation (rail integrated with bus and park and ride).

      3. Also saw the FrontRunner that runs from SLC to Provo. Double decker. Anyone know what kind of train it is? Looks something like some other US cities have.
    • Jack Chase
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
        Hi!
        Welcome to Salt Lake City--My home!
        There are no good Z scale shops--sorry!  Bot the Train Shoppe & MRS Trains (in Sandy) are nice shops though.
        We agree with you about both Trax & Frontrunner.  My wife rides Trax to work every day and loves it.  I believe that the Frontrunner is built by Bombadier, but I'm not positive.  We rode it to Ogden on opening day.  What a treat.
        Enjoy your stay here.  Remember--it is the greatest snow on Earth!
        Regards,
        Jack