Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Yahoo Z Scale Homepage Picture

  • David Epling
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
      Amen brother...we got no change at all. just another 4 years of business as
      usual...although I did hear the Michelle Obama told Barack Hussein Obama
      that she had no major problem with him filling his staff with ex Clinton
      people, but if she sees Monica Lewinsky come into the Oval Office he is a
      dead man ; )

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
        David,

        I normally don't see the various site's home pages as I link directly
        into the forum's postings. So I decided to check it out and that is
        much better shot of what you submitted to the past photo contest.
        But I decided to revisit your site based upon Reynard's comments
        (it's been many months anyway and we all need reminders). Your Dec
        13 post about the corn, HOWLY COW or should I say crow? That is a
        LOT of corn. And twisting all those brass frets. Yikes. Hope there
        was either a good movie or some great tunes on the radio.

        Great looking progress on the layout.

        Jeff
        SF Bay Area Z

        > Hello David,
        >
        > I checked out your "James River Branch" layout and your detailed
        > articles concerning each element that has gone into this
        > very fine coffee table sized layout! I found it very rewarding.
        > Also, I read your article on building the cornfield for the layout
        > and agree that one has to twist the corn leaves a bit
        > to produce a viable third dimensionality to the
        > plants. I will be experimenting with thinner brass sheets in
        > the future and will certainly see if the corn leaves can become
        > more flexible for this twisting action. So stay tuned.
        > BTW, I thought you did an excellent job with the cornfields
        > anyway as well as others who have modeled this etched corn.
        > The corn was deliberately designed to look more "random"
        > than other etched products I have perused in my research.
        >
        > Our motto here at Micron Art is "Continuous Design Improvement"
        > and we should be able to find out in 2009 what works best for the
        > cornfield.
        >
        > 2008 (Good riddance to bad rubbish!)
        >
        > 2009 Happy New Year with a new president!
        >
        > Best regardZ,
        > Reynard
        > http://www.micronart.com
        > On Dec 31, 2008, at 6:44 AM, David K. Smith wrote:
        >
        > > Jürg--
        > >
        > > Thank you for your kind words. Coming from you it is high praise
        > > indeed!
        > >
        > > Kind regards for the New Year,
        > > David
        > >
        > > http://jamesriverbranch.net/
        > > http://1-220.blogspot.com/
        > >
        > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jürg Rüedi <juerg.rueedi@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Friends, the recent Yahoo Hompage Picture from David K. is one
        of
        > > the
        > > > best modelling I've seen for years! Congrats David!
        > > >
        > > > best Regards and happy new Year!
        > > > Jürg
        > > >
        > > > http://www.rosetown.ch

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
          Hi Jeff,
          Yes, David did a fine job with my brass cornfield elements.
          Also Jim O'connell created a beautiful shot of an isolated
          cornfield that I use on one of my html pages:
          http://www.micronart.com/ZSCALE_Accessories.html

          Thanks for your observations--- maybe David watched
          a mini-series while bending up the leaves! I do that kind
          of thing all the time too.

          Best regardZ,
          Reynard
          http://www.micronart.com