Re : [Z_Scale] SM70M AZL Locos

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
      Yes, very easy: the front coupler is just "plugged" on the forward truck and when bending it upwards it gets removed. Then take the spare snowplow, add a small drop of superglue on everyone of the four pins that are on the frame behind the plow. These pins will hold the snowplow assembly in matching holes inside the forward stairways in front of the cab. The superglue will strongly hold the snowplow assembly inside these holes, preventing any removal in case you have to pull an heavy train. If you elect to run your loco on tight curves or to pull light trains, you may forget the superglue... Myself I didn't hesitate to use it as I plan to run my locos only on broad curves, and as heavy trains are my rule.

      If you want to swap the AZL coupler with a MTL sample, that's very easy as well: you just have to unscrew it from the snowplow assembly, then replace it with a MTL sample with the same screw, as both have the same size and the same screw hole....

      Hope this helps,

      Dom

      >Has anyone had any experience changing the front coupler out and >adding the snowplow front?
    • Ed Turner
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
        Dom,

        Thank you very much for your input in this. I have removed the coupler and added the plow attachment but apted not ot super glue as I may want to revert back. Thanks again. Ed