Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Yahoo Z Scale Homepage Picture

  • Chris Manvell
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hi Alex and Reynard.

      The proof of the pudding, as they say, is in the eating so best to put
      aside all preconceived idea and give teh man a chance to prove
      himself.

      In the meantime, may I extend my best wishes for a happy and, with
      luck, a prosperous new year from a small island of the west coast of
      Scotland.

      Chris.

      --
      Chris Manvell
      W: http://trains.manvell.org.uk, http://family.manvell.org.uk,
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
        Amen brother...we got no change at all. just another 4 years of business as
        usual...although I did hear the Michelle Obama told Barack Hussein Obama
        that she had no major problem with him filling his staff with ex Clinton
        people, but if she sees Monica Lewinsky come into the Oval Office he is a
        dead man ; )

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
          David,

          I normally don't see the various site's home pages as I link directly
          into the forum's postings. So I decided to check it out and that is
          much better shot of what you submitted to the past photo contest.
          But I decided to revisit your site based upon Reynard's comments
          (it's been many months anyway and we all need reminders). Your Dec
          13 post about the corn, HOWLY COW or should I say crow? That is a
          LOT of corn. And twisting all those brass frets. Yikes. Hope there
          was either a good movie or some great tunes on the radio.

          Great looking progress on the layout.

          Jeff
          SF Bay Area Z

          > Hello David,
          >
          > I checked out your "James River Branch" layout and your detailed
          > articles concerning each element that has gone into this
          > very fine coffee table sized layout! I found it very rewarding.
          > Also, I read your article on building the cornfield for the layout
          > and agree that one has to twist the corn leaves a bit
          > to produce a viable third dimensionality to the
          > plants. I will be experimenting with thinner brass sheets in
          > the future and will certainly see if the corn leaves can become
          > more flexible for this twisting action. So stay tuned.
          > BTW, I thought you did an excellent job with the cornfields
          > anyway as well as others who have modeled this etched corn.
          > The corn was deliberately designed to look more "random"
          > than other etched products I have perused in my research.
          >
          > Our motto here at Micron Art is "Continuous Design Improvement"
          > and we should be able to find out in 2009 what works best for the
          > cornfield.
          >
          > 2008 (Good riddance to bad rubbish!)
          >
          > 2009 Happy New Year with a new president!
          >
          > Best regardZ,
          > Reynard
          > http://www.micronart.com
          > On Dec 31, 2008, at 6:44 AM, David K. Smith wrote:
          >
          > > Jürg--
          > >
          > > Thank you for your kind words. Coming from you it is high praise
          > > indeed!
          > >
          > > Kind regards for the New Year,
          > > David
          > >
          > > http://jamesriverbranch.net/
          > > http://1-220.blogspot.com/
          > >
          > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jürg Rüedi <juerg.rueedi@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Friends, the recent Yahoo Hompage Picture from David K. is one
          of
          > > the
          > > > best modelling I've seen for years! Congrats David!
          > > >
          > > > best Regards and happy new Year!
          > > > Jürg
          > > >
          > > > http://www.rosetown.ch

        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
            Hi Jeff,
            Yes, David did a fine job with my brass cornfield elements.
            Also Jim O'connell created a beautiful shot of an isolated
            cornfield that I use on one of my html pages:
            http://www.micronart.com/ZSCALE_Accessories.html

            Thanks for your observations--- maybe David watched
            a mini-series while bending up the leaves! I do that kind
            of thing all the time too.

            Best regardZ,
            Reynard
            http://www.micronart.com