RE: [Z_Scale] Re: the economy or coincidence?

  • Elizabeth Hayes
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2008
      The power sellers items are also the ones that get listed first under "best match" which is part of their new redesigned page. when you start out browsing "best match" comes up, which is a pain in the neck because who wants to see a random selection of items listed by people who sell a lot? You then have to take the time to change the listings to "ending soonest" or "newly listed" or "lowest price" or whatever, and sometimes the system gets jammed and you can't change from "best match" so then I just turn it off because I'm not going to waste my time looking through every single listing.

      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: david@...: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:04:48 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: the economy or coincidence?

      John--"PowerSeller" is just a sales threshold. If you sell >$1000 per month, you are automatically offered PowerSeller status. That's it. No biggie. A couple of clicks, and you've got that little logo next to your name. I was a PowerSeller for one month because I sold off a whole pile of stuff. Next month, zip. Month after that, status revoked.--Davidhttp://jamesriverbranch.net/http://1-220.blogspot.com/--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Dr John Lundy" <zeetrains@...> wrote:>> I hadn't sold on eBay for some time and they now force you to take > PayPal and make it difficult to offer other forms of payment. They > used to have a list, but now unless you list them in the item > description, there is no way to tell folks you take checks. Of > course, eBay owns PayPal. I will take checks from buyers I know, like > Tom - sorry I didn't recognize your eBay user name. What hoops do > you have to jump through to be a "power seller"? I suspect it works > mainly to eBay's advantage. It's about time for them to raise their > fees again.....> > Perhaps we should just list Z items for sale on the Z scale boards. > They could add a topic called For Sale or Classified, and have some > rules of conduct.> > John> > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Creighton Sr <bigtrain6@> > wrote:> >> > doesn't it also strange that I wanted to purchase some items from > someone on that well known site as was told that they only have can > take paypal and no other payment or they would be thrownoff there as > a power seller. Just stupid!>