Re: [Z_Scale] the economy or coincidence?

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
      Hi Vincent,

      I could do just that, but then the total price goes up and puts me even with
      other dealers so where is the advantage to you?

      I think someday Ebay will figure out a way to charge you for even saying the
      word "Ebay"

      That will be the day when the peasants take to the street with clubs, guns,
      knives, swords, tanks, bazaookas, clay more mines, rocket launchers, and 500
      punders..............oh and we might even say "take this job and shove
      it.....I ain't working here no more"

      I'll continue to sell MTL and AZL, but do it in a different manner. Yes
      Vincent, I still want all your loose pocket change and then some, but I am
      getting very selfish in my old age.......sharing it with Uncle Sam is bad
      enough, but why feed those computer guys who sit around raising fees due to
      boredom? :o)

      Moving forward with a better idea,

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
        Gee Loren,
        I thought you were in the navy? What about 16 inch rounds, torpedos,
        cruise missles, damn eBay, full speed ahead.......

        John

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:
        > That will be the day when the peasants take to the street with clubs,
        guns,
        > knives, swords, tanks, bazaookas, clay more mines, rocket launchers,
        and 500
        > punders..............oh and we might even say "take this job and
        shove
        > it.....I ain't working here no more"
      • Allan
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
          Hi Loren,

          You said to Vincent.

          >>I could do just that, but then the total price goes up and puts me even
          with
          other dealers so where is the advantage to you?<<

          Plus the fact that it is against Ebay rules! Oh, boy..

          >>I think someday Ebay will figure out a way to charge you for even saying
          the
          word "Ebay"<<

          SHHHHH...Don't even whisper that, Loren. Greediness has brought the world
          to what it is today and what a helluva mess that's in.

          >>That will be the day when the peasants take to the street with clubs,
          guns,
          knives, swords, tanks, bazaookas, clay more mines, rocket launchers, and 500

          punders..............oh and we might even say "take this job and shove
          it.....I ain't working here no more"<<

          You forgot to add catapults and bows and arrows to that list. In England,
          they haven't got around to banning them yet. Yet, <sigh>.

          Happy New Year to everyone. I am now going to jump into the toilet and pull
          the chain before any more new rules get thrown at us.

          Allan

          Allan Wright, (Norfolk, UK).

        • Loren
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
            Well yes John,
            I was in the navy but I didn't want to expend my 16 inchers on little stuff.
            Save it for the terrorits and those who think like that.

            Torpedos huh,........yeah, one right amidships. Heh heh heh

            Hey guys, I'll have the PDF this afternoon with January's offerings. UP
            passenger cars are ready to go.....yea !!!

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
              John--

              "PowerSeller" is just a sales threshold. If you sell >$1000 per
              month, you are automatically offered PowerSeller status. That's it.
              No biggie. A couple of clicks, and you've got that little logo next
              to your name. I was a PowerSeller for one month because I sold off a
              whole pile of stuff. Next month, zip. Month after that, status
              revoked.

              --David
              http://jamesriverbranch.net/
              http://1-220.blogspot.com/

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Dr John Lundy" <zeetrains@...> wrote:

              > I hadn't sold on eBay for some time and they now force you to take
              > PayPal and make it difficult to offer other forms of payment. They
              > used to have a list, but now unless you list them in the item
              > description, there is no way to tell folks you take checks. Of
              > course, eBay owns PayPal. I will take checks from buyers I know,
              like
              > Tom - sorry I didn't recognize your eBay user name. What hoops do
              > you have to jump through to be a "power seller"? I suspect it works
              > mainly to eBay's advantage. It's about time for them to raise their
              > fees again.....
              >
              > Perhaps we should just list Z items for sale on the Z scale boards.
              > They could add a topic called For Sale or Classified, and have some
              > rules of conduct.
              >
              > John
              >

              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Creighton Sr <bigtrain6@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > doesn't it also strange that I wanted to purchase some items from
              > someone on that well known site as was told that they only have can
              > take paypal and no other payment or they would be thrownoff there
              as
              > a power seller. Just stupid!

            • Elizabeth Hayes
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 31, 2008
                The power sellers items are also the ones that get listed first under "best match" which is part of their new redesigned page. when you start out browsing "best match" comes up, which is a pain in the neck because who wants to see a random selection of items listed by people who sell a lot? You then have to take the time to change the listings to "ending soonest" or "newly listed" or "lowest price" or whatever, and sometimes the system gets jammed and you can't change from "best match" so then I just turn it off because I'm not going to waste my time looking through every single listing.

                To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: david@...: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:04:48 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: the economy or coincidence?