Re: [Z_Scale] the economy or coincidence?

  • Vincent Ho
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
      Loren,

      You don't have to stop selling on Ebay. All you need to do is add a
      surcharge, equivalent to the listing fee and also the paypal fees. I'm
      sure a lot of people would not mind paying a bit more for the convenience
      of immediate payment.

      > > From: Loren <ljsnyder@...>
      > > Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] the economy or coincidence?
      > > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      > > Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 9:40 PM
      > > Hi Thomas,
      > > I'll agree with you that Ebay is STUPID. I encourage
      > > my customers to pay
      > > with personal check to save me the ebay fees and also ask
      > > for checks for pay
      > > pal if at all possible. I'm tired of watching those
      > > folks make more than I
      > > do and I sell the product.
      > >
      > > Matter of fact, I'm closing my store the 1st of January
      > > and will only list a
      > > few items on Ebay to attract new customers.
      > > I'll continue to send Micro News to my existing
      > > customers and will encourage
      > > check, money order, or pay pal if need be.
      > >
      > > Tired of sharing,
      > > Loren

      Vincent B. Ho hbv@...

    • Loren
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
        Hi Vincent,

        I could do just that, but then the total price goes up and puts me even with
        other dealers so where is the advantage to you?

        I think someday Ebay will figure out a way to charge you for even saying the
        word "Ebay"

        That will be the day when the peasants take to the street with clubs, guns,
        knives, swords, tanks, bazaookas, clay more mines, rocket launchers, and 500
        punders..............oh and we might even say "take this job and shove
        it.....I ain't working here no more"

        I'll continue to sell MTL and AZL, but do it in a different manner. Yes
        Vincent, I still want all your loose pocket change and then some, but I am
        getting very selfish in my old age.......sharing it with Uncle Sam is bad
        enough, but why feed those computer guys who sit around raising fees due to
        boredom? :o)

        Moving forward with a better idea,

        > You don't have to stop selling on Ebay. All you need to do is add a
        > surcharge, equivalent to the listing fee and also the paypal fees. I'm
        > sure a lot of people would not mind paying a bit more for the convenience
        > of immediate payment.
      • Dr John Lundy
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
          Gee Loren,
          I thought you were in the navy? What about 16 inch rounds, torpedos,
          cruise missles, damn eBay, full speed ahead.......

          John

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:
          > That will be the day when the peasants take to the street with clubs,
          guns,
          > knives, swords, tanks, bazaookas, clay more mines, rocket launchers,
          and 500
          > punders..............oh and we might even say "take this job and
          shove
          > it.....I ain't working here no more"
        • Allan
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
            Hi Loren,

            You said to Vincent.

            >>I could do just that, but then the total price goes up and puts me even
            with
            other dealers so where is the advantage to you?<<

            Plus the fact that it is against Ebay rules! Oh, boy..

            >>I think someday Ebay will figure out a way to charge you for even saying
            the
            word "Ebay"<<

            SHHHHH...Don't even whisper that, Loren. Greediness has brought the world
            to what it is today and what a helluva mess that's in.

            >>That will be the day when the peasants take to the street with clubs,
            guns,
            knives, swords, tanks, bazaookas, clay more mines, rocket launchers, and 500

            punders..............oh and we might even say "take this job and shove
            it.....I ain't working here no more"<<

            You forgot to add catapults and bows and arrows to that list. In England,
            they haven't got around to banning them yet. Yet, <sigh>.

            Happy New Year to everyone. I am now going to jump into the toilet and pull
            the chain before any more new rules get thrown at us.

            Allan

            Allan Wright, (Norfolk, UK).

          • Loren
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
              Well yes John,
              I was in the navy but I didn't want to expend my 16 inchers on little stuff.
              Save it for the terrorits and those who think like that.

              Torpedos huh,........yeah, one right amidships. Heh heh heh

              Hey guys, I'll have the PDF this afternoon with January's offerings. UP
              passenger cars are ready to go.....yea !!!

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 30, 2008
                John--

                "PowerSeller" is just a sales threshold. If you sell >$1000 per
                month, you are automatically offered PowerSeller status. That's it.
                No biggie. A couple of clicks, and you've got that little logo next
                to your name. I was a PowerSeller for one month because I sold off a
                whole pile of stuff. Next month, zip. Month after that, status
                revoked.

                --David
                http://jamesriverbranch.net/
                http://1-220.blogspot.com/

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Dr John Lundy" <zeetrains@...> wrote:

                > I hadn't sold on eBay for some time and they now force you to take
                > PayPal and make it difficult to offer other forms of payment. They
                > used to have a list, but now unless you list them in the item
                > description, there is no way to tell folks you take checks. Of
                > course, eBay owns PayPal. I will take checks from buyers I know,
                like
                > Tom - sorry I didn't recognize your eBay user name. What hoops do
                > you have to jump through to be a "power seller"? I suspect it works
                > mainly to eBay's advantage. It's about time for them to raise their
                > fees again.....
                >
                > Perhaps we should just list Z items for sale on the Z scale boards.
                > They could add a topic called For Sale or Classified, and have some
                > rules of conduct.
                >
                > John
                >

                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Creighton Sr <bigtrain6@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > doesn't it also strange that I wanted to purchase some items from
                > someone on that well known site as was told that they only have can
                > take paypal and no other payment or they would be thrownoff there
                as
                > a power seller. Just stupid!

              • Elizabeth Hayes
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 31, 2008
                  The power sellers items are also the ones that get listed first under "best match" which is part of their new redesigned page. when you start out browsing "best match" comes up, which is a pain in the neck because who wants to see a random selection of items listed by people who sell a lot? You then have to take the time to change the listings to "ending soonest" or "newly listed" or "lowest price" or whatever, and sometimes the system gets jammed and you can't change from "best match" so then I just turn it off because I'm not going to waste my time looking through every single listing.

                  To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: david@...: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:04:48 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: the economy or coincidence?

                  John--"PowerSeller" is just a sales threshold. If you sell >$1000 per month, you are automatically offered PowerSeller status. That's it. No biggie. A couple of clicks, and you've got that little logo next to your name. I was a PowerSeller for one month because I sold off a whole pile of stuff. Next month, zip. Month after that, status revoked.--Davidhttp://jamesriverbranch.net/http://1-220.blogspot.com/--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Dr John Lundy" <zeetrains@...> wrote:>> I hadn't sold on eBay for some time and they now force you to take > PayPal and make it difficult to offer other forms of payment. They > used to have a list, but now unless you list them in the item > description, there is no way to tell folks you take checks. Of > course, eBay owns PayPal. I will take checks from buyers I know, like > Tom - sorry I didn't recognize your eBay user name. What hoops do > you have to jump through to be a "power seller"? I suspect it works > mainly to eBay's advantage. It's about time for them to raise their > fees again.....> > Perhaps we should just list Z items for sale on the Z scale boards. > They could add a topic called For Sale or Classified, and have some > rules of conduct.> > John> > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Creighton Sr <bigtrain6@> > wrote:> >> > doesn't it also strange that I wanted to purchase some items from > someone on that well known site as was told that they only have can > take paypal and no other payment or they would be thrownoff there as > a power seller. Just stupid!>