Looking for Blue Comet passenger cars

  • kenarm22
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2008
      I have the light blue Marklin Blue Comet NJ Central steam engine and
      am looking for matching passenger cars. The train, named after
      Halley's Comet, was a luxury consist that ran from NYC to the Jersey
      shore from 1929 to 1941. The cars had a beautiful blue and cream
      livery that matched the engine.

      Has Marklin or anyone else released matching cars?
      From my research it appears that the cars were all heavyweight types I
      as far as I can tell none have been released in Z scale. The closest
      set I can find is the B&O Marklin set but these are smoothside type
      and really don't match.
      Suggestions?
      Ken A.
    • donfedjur@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2008
        I only know of the Pennzee old time heavyweight cars that came in kit form. You'd have to find, build and paint/decal on your own.

        If you wait long enough............some manufacturer will come mainstream with them when Z-Scale continues to grow.

        Don Fedjur
        Carlsbad, CA 92009

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2008
          Marklin used to never release an American prototype locomotive without a matching caboose, until the Conrail red GG1, so all you got with the CNJ locomotive was a matching CNJ caboose, which was pretty much useless with a Pacific passenger loco.

          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: kenarm322@...: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:16:56 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Looking for Blue Comet passenger cars

          I have the light blue Marklin Blue Comet NJ Central steam engine andam looking for matching passenger cars. The train, named afterHalley's Comet, was a luxury consist that ran from NYC to the Jerseyshore from 1929 to 1941. The cars had a beautiful blue and creamlivery that matched the engine.Has Marklin or anyone else released matching cars?From my research it appears that the cars were all heavyweight types Ias far as I can tell none have been released in Z scale. The closestset I can find is the B&O Marklin set but these are smoothside typeand really don't match. Suggestions?Ken A.