Ztrains Announces New Depot Release

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 21, 2008
      Hi Zeds,

      Ztrains has kindly added a first press release for our
      new Z Scale, B&O Railroad Oakland MD, Station. The
      kits are now shipping and we are very pleased with the
      quality of this new product.

      Check out the press release at: http://www.ztrains.com/

      or go direct to our link page to either the Z scale or N scale
      versions at: http://www.micronart.com/2091_brass_fret_data.html

      Thanks for your attention,
      Reynard Wellman
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
        Beautiful!! If I was modeling US I'd get one!

        Paul

        MidweZt HaulerZ

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
          Paul,
          With the new year almost upon us, it isn't too late to start thinking of a
          good New Year's resolution......such as "This year I'm taking up Z scale
          full time" And if you resolve to buy one of Reynard's new station kits,
          that too would be considered a very good resolution......at least for
          Reynard..... :o)

          > Beautiful!! If I was modeling US I'd get one!
          >

          > Paul
          >
          > MidweZt HaulerZ

        • Loren
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
            Should have corrected that........US Z modeling.......... hey, give me a
            break, it's Monday.

            > With the new year almost upon us, it isn't too late to start thinking of a
            > good New Year's resolution......such as "This year I'm taking up Z scale
            > full time" And if you resolve to buy one of Reynard's new station kits,
            > that too would be considered a very good resolution......at least for
            > Reynard..... :o)
            >
            > Loren

          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
              Hi Paul,

              So I should gather from your moniker: "MidweZt HaulerZ"
              that you are referring to mid-west England? Well, the Oakland,
              Maryland Station is definitely a "Queen Anne" style structure
              and should fit right in with some of the isle's period depots.

              Just foolin' around ;>)
              regardZ,
              Reynard
              On Dec 22, 2008, at 6:52 AM, Paul wrote:

              > Beautiful!! If I was modeling US I'd get one!
              >
              > Paul
              >
              > MidweZt HaulerZ

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
                Reynard,

                Indeed I am part of the MidweZt HaulerZ living in the Metro-East just East
                of St Louis.

                I do however run all European with Marklin couplers and like Bavaria. I'll
                model Bohemia as soon as the Monarchy has it's reemergence.

                I've considered doing an English module in which case your station would fit
                in.

                Paul

                So I should gather from your moniker: "MidweZt HaulerZ"
                that you are referring to mid-west England? Well, the Oakland,
                Maryland Station is definitely a "Queen Anne" style structure
                and should fit right in with some of the isle's period depots.

                Just foolin' around ;>)
                regardZ,
                Reynard
                On Dec 22, 2008, at 6:52 AM, Paul wrote:

                > Beautiful!! If I was modeling US I'd get one!
                >
                > Paul
                >
                > MidweZt HaulerZ
                >
                > From: z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:Z_Scale_Fabrication%40yahoogroups.com> ;
                > Zscratch@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zscratch%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: [Z_Scale] Ztrains Announces New Depot Release
                >
                > Hi Zeds,
                >
                > Ztrains has kindly added a first press release for our
                > new Z Scale, B&O Railroad Oakland MD, Station. The
                > kits are now shipping and we are very pleased with the
                > quality of this new product.
                >
                > Check out the press release at: http://www.ztrains.com/
                >
                > or go direct to our link page to either the Z scale or N scale
                > versions at: http://www.micronart.com/2091_brass_fret_data.html
                >
                > Thanks for your attention,
                > Reynard Wellman

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
                  Loren,

                  My Z Scale New Year resolutions are...

                  1. Complete my two end modules

                  2. Wire/Harness my modules

                  3. Legs for my modules

                  4 Get busy on the home layout

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
                    Paul,

                    Very praise worthy and noble aspirations you have there. I echo the same
                    thoughts.

                    Actually I ask myself........"will I ever finish these modules before I grow
                    senile?"

                    Best to you,

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
                      Well, my Ne'er resolutions are to

                      a) Get all my signals working and properly controlling their sections
                      of track and being reset by the locos via contact tracks. (That should
                      remove a few switches from my control panel.)

                      b) Make up and test my multiplexer boards to see if they are a
                      feasible way to reduce the number of wires (~350) between my control
                      panel and my layout.

                      and

                      c) to start landscaping the layout including ballasting the track.

                      That should keep my going until 2010!

                      All the best from a Scottish island,
                      Chris.

                      --
                      Chris Manvell
                      http://trains.manvell.org.uk/z-scale/layout/
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
                        Oi ! Right fancy layout you have there. Gives me some ideas for a
                        table topper. Also thinking about that area under the glass in the
                        table in front of the sofa. Lots of switching operations on what you
                        have. Get it DCC powered and you could have some real fun times.

                        Cheers !

                        Jeff
                        SF Bay Area Z
                        a.k.a. "The BAZ BoyZ"
                        The other side of the frigid pond (but sunny :)

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 22, 2008
                          Hello All,
                          Astonishing news! His Royal Highness The Duke of Bavaria, Franz
                          Bonaventura Adalbert Maria Herzog von Bayern has enlisted science to
                          revive his great-great uncle, Ludwig III, from the deep coma he has
                          been since 1918 - 90 years ago! "It's a miracle!" said the Duke
                          --"Not only is my great-great uncle alive, but he has asked that all
                          those of Bavarian extract or sympathy to remain standing while he
                          gets out his beloved old train set (1901 Marklin Bavarian Pacific
                          Locomotive wind-up model) and run it around the even more beloved
                          flocked tree his daughter buried with him when they presumed him to
                          be tot. You may sit down after this."

                        • skye.chris
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 23, 2008
                            Hi Jeff.

                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff BAZ-man" <sjbazman49@...> wrote:
                            > Oi ! Right fancy layout you have there. Gives me some ideas for a
                            > table topper. Also thinking about that area under the glass in the
                            > table in front of the sofa. Lots of switching operations on what you
                            > have. Get it DCC powered and you could have some real fun times.

                            Thanks for the compliment. At 6x2 that would be some coffee table. :o)
                            Just make sure that you can get at it - you'll need to get at it every
                            time someone knocks into it. (That happened at my first exhibition and
                            the guy who was looking after it while I went to the canteen had to
                            put all the trains back on the tracks.)

                            There are two aspects of the layout that I particularly like and which
                            make it more interesting to operate. They are the 3-road station,
                            which allows for overtaking or parking of trains, and the double slip
                            system used by the centre pair of tracks in the hidden sidings. The
                            latter can either just be set, giving 2 roads in each direction, or
                            switched to allow trains (e.g. SVT04 and VT08 to be reversed back out
                            onto the appropriate road. Incidentally, the outer two tracks are
                            designed to handle trains longer that the loops can hold.
                            Theoretically it works though I haven't actually done that at an
                            exhibition yet. I guess that makes it three aspects.

                            While the three track station (a concept I went for in the early 90's
                            when I built a trains set for the kids) is nothing new in the
                            modelling world, I have not seen another layout using the other two
                            ideas yet. May be a reason for that.

                            All the best from a wet and windy Skye,
                            Chris.

                            --
                            Chris Manvell
                            http://trains.manvell.org.uk/z-scale/layout/
                          • de Champeaux Dominique
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
                              Mine: painting ties on my layout under construction, then ballasting, then completing the scenery! All that for the 6 first months....
                              Dom