Re: [Z_Scale] Re: AZL to produce PS2-CD 3bay hoppers in 2009

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
      I do?......my goodness, you didn't have very much did you?

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
        Thanks for reminding me!

        That's what happens when manufactures go on strike... and, you are
        not fully employed.
        Hence... I'm selling at auction site, then recyling the money to you.

        Alex

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

        > I do?......my goodness, you didn't have very much did you?
        >
        > Loren

      • Loren
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
          Yes Alex, you are doing just right.......by me.

          > That's what happens when manufactures go on strike... and, you are
          > not fully employed.
          > Hence... I'm selling at auction site, then recyling the money to you.
          >
          > Alex
        • hobbycraftsnmore
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 13, 2008
            Hi Rob

            The big question I have is, what are AutoLatchTM couplers?????

            Kevin
            Hobby Crafts N More

            Website:
            http://www.hobbycraftsnmore.com
            Email:
            hobbycraftsnmore@...

            > American Z Line is excited to announce an all new freight car body
            style.
            > Coming late 2009, AZL will be releasing 4,750 CuFt. Pullman
            Standard PS2-CD 3-bay
            > covered hoppers. The PS2-CD covered hoppers first were produced
            starting in
            > the early 1970s. Over 53,000 were produced. These cars were
            purchases by many
            > major roads as well as smaller and independent operators. They are
            still
            > extensively used today with many sporting their original circa
            1970s livery.

            > AZL's PS2-cd covered hoppers will feature 18 ribs. The cars will
            come with
            > AZL's roller bearing trucks with blackened metal wheels and all new
            AutoLatchTM

          • ztrack@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 14, 2008
              The AutoLatch couplers are the third generation of AZL's coupler design. This
              new design will allow for easier coupling of cars. It will also be even
              stronger and retain AZL's noted ability to keep cars coupled, especially in long
              consists. The new design will start appearing on AZL's upcoming ACF e-Bay
              hoppers which are due out next month.

              Rob

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              Dublin, OH 43016
              phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
              www.ztrack.com
              www.ztrackcenter.com
              Distributor American Z Line

            • ronaldjhurley
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 14, 2008
                Good one Rob, "e-Bay hoppers" should be a hot seller! :) ron

                > The AutoLatch couplers are the third generation of AZL's coupler design. This
                > new design will allow for easier coupling of cars. It will also be even
                > stronger and retain AZL's noted ability to keep cars coupled, especially in long
                > consists. The new design will start appearing on AZL's upcoming ACF e-Bay
                > hoppers which are due out next month.
                >
                > Rob
                >
                > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                > Dublin, OH 43016
                > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                > www.ztrack.com
                > www.ztrackcenter.com
                > Distributor American Z Line

              • David George
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 14, 2008
                  May they be retro fitted to my Sounder consist ?
                  Mister Dave

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 15, 2008
                    Mister Dave,

                    It is in AZL's plans to offer body mount couplers. But there is not an ETA
                    when this will happen. These should retro-fit on the F59PHI cars just fine.