AZL to produce PS2-CD 3bay hoppers in 2009

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 10, 2008
      American Z Line is excited to announce an all new freight car body style.
      Coming late 2009, AZL will be releasing 4,750 CuFt. Pullman Standard PS2-CD 3-bay
      covered hoppers. The PS2-CD covered hoppers first were produced starting in
      the early 1970s. Over 53,000 were produced. These cars were purchases by many
      major roads as well as smaller and independent operators. They are still
      extensively used today with many sporting their original circa 1970s livery.

      AZL's PS2-cd covered hoppers will feature 18 ribs. The cars will come with
      AZL's roller bearing trucks with blackened metal wheels and all new AutoLatchTM
      couplers. The cars will also feature intricate etched metal walk ways.
      Roadnames and pricing will be announced closer to time of release.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      Distributor American Z Line

    • loren snyder
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008

        snip.......

        > American Z Line is excited to announce an all new freight car body
        style.
        > Coming late 2009, AZL will be releasing 4,750 CuFt. Pullman Standard
        PS2-CD 3-bay
        > covered hoppers. The PS2-CD covered hoppers first were produced
        starting in
        > the early 1970s.

        Oh boy oh boy............Rob, do you have a picture of this car?
        We definitely need more car body styles.

        Loren
      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
          Loren,

          I have been spending some time at the Intermountain web site. They have
          released these cars in N scale. Here is the direct link to the page:

          http://www.imrcmodels.com/n/nhoppers.htm

          This is also the same type of car FR has in their line. Ztrack offered this
          as the subscriber car in 2005 (Rio Grande) and 2006 (Milwaukee).

          Rob

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
            All I can say is Ooooooooo........

            I like em!!

            Thanks Rob.
            Everyone, keep saving your money for the important things in life......more

            > I have been spending some time at the Intermountain web site. They have
            > released these cars in N scale. Here is the direct link to the page:
            >
            > http://www.imrcmodels.com/n/nhoppers.htm
            >
            > This is also the same type of car FR has in their line. Ztrack offered
            > this
            > as the subscriber car in 2005 (Rio Grande) and 2006 (Milwaukee).
            >
            > Rob
            >

            > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
            > Dublin, OH 43016
            > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
            > www.ztrack.com
            > www.ztrackcenter.com
            > Distributor American Z Line

          • Alex
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
              Loren,

              You already have all my money...

              Alex
              Tokyo, Japan

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

              > All I can say is Ooooooooo........
              >
              > I like em!!
              >
              > Thanks Rob.
              > Everyone, keep saving your money for the important things in
              life......more

              > Loren
            • Loren
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
                I do?......my goodness, you didn't have very much did you?

                >> Everyone, keep saving your money for the important things in
                > life......more
                >>
                >> Loren
              • Alex
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
                  Thanks for reminding me!

                  That's what happens when manufactures go on strike... and, you are
                  not fully employed.
                  Hence... I'm selling at auction site, then recyling the money to you.

                  Alex

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                  > I do?......my goodness, you didn't have very much did you?
                  >
                  > Loren

                • Loren
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 11, 2008
                    Yes Alex, you are doing just right.......by me.

                    > That's what happens when manufactures go on strike... and, you are
                    > not fully employed.
                    > Hence... I'm selling at auction site, then recyling the money to you.
                    >
                    > Alex
                  • hobbycraftsnmore
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 13, 2008
                      Hi Rob

                      The big question I have is, what are AutoLatchTM couplers?????

                      Kevin
                      Hobby Crafts N More

                      Website:
                      http://www.hobbycraftsnmore.com
                      Email:
                      hobbycraftsnmore@...

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 14, 2008
                        The AutoLatch couplers are the third generation of AZL's coupler design. This
                        new design will allow for easier coupling of cars. It will also be even
                        stronger and retain AZL's noted ability to keep cars coupled, especially in long
                        consists. The new design will start appearing on AZL's upcoming ACF e-Bay
                        hoppers which are due out next month.

                        Rob

                        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                        Dublin, OH 43016
                        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                        www.ztrack.com
                        www.ztrackcenter.com
                        Distributor American Z Line

                      • ronaldjhurley
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 14, 2008
                          Good one Rob, "e-Bay hoppers" should be a hot seller! :) ron

                          > The AutoLatch couplers are the third generation of AZL's coupler design. This
                          > new design will allow for easier coupling of cars. It will also be even
                          > stronger and retain AZL's noted ability to keep cars coupled, especially in long
                          > consists. The new design will start appearing on AZL's upcoming ACF e-Bay
                          > hoppers which are due out next month.
                          >
                          > Rob
                          >
                          > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                          > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                          > Dublin, OH 43016
                          > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                          > www.ztrack.com
                          > www.ztrackcenter.com
                          > Distributor American Z Line

                        • David George
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 14, 2008
                            May they be retro fitted to my Sounder consist ?
                            Mister Dave

                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 15, 2008
                              Mister Dave,

                              It is in AZL's plans to offer body mount couplers. But there is not an ETA
                              when this will happen. These should retro-fit on the F59PHI cars just fine.