TCS announces 2 new DCC decoders for AZL and MTL

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 2, 2008
      TCS announces 2 new AZL decoders 3 Hours, 5 Minutes ago
      Train Control Systems of Pennsylvania announced on their website 2
      new decoders are due to be released.

      The Z2 typical wired decoder is .25"x.5" (6.35mm x 12.7mm) for
      soldering into AZL SD70/75 or GP7 locomotives. Listed as end of
      December. These will fit flat on the chassis, under the long rear
      LED, a VERY easy install.

      The MZA4 drop-in decoder for Micro-Trains GP35 and GP9's due in
      January 2009.

      www.tcsdcc.com/NewDecoders.html
      www.tcsdcc.com/DecoderSelection/Z-Scale/Z2.html

      There are links to many dealers in your states but don't expect them
      to have any yet. Prices are not set yet.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z
    • Rockwell
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 3, 2008
        These will be available through www.normstrainworld.com at 30% savings.

        Norman Rockwell (grpa)
        Norm's Train World
        401 E. Hughson / PO Box 635
        Randolph, NE 68771-0635
        PHONE 402-337-0424 / FAX 402-337-0424
        www.normstrainworld.com www.pre-size.com
        email: grpa@...

      • Jeff BAZ-man
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 9, 2008
          Tuesday 12/9: I spoke with John Forsythe, Owner of Train Control
          Systems (TCS) whom I discussed the decoders with at NTS. The Z2 for
          the AZL GP7 and SD70/75's are now shipping. These 2 function
          decoders sit on the chassis, under the rear LED and wire to the 6
          contacts of the light board, after slipping off the bronze shorting
          bars used for DC operation. These new decoders are 0.26" (6.6mm)
          wide decoders [i][b]easily[/b][/i] fit flat on the chassis. No more
          taking the cab off of the shell. Installation pictures will be
          posted around the end of this week.
          http://www.tcsdcc.com/NewDecoders.html

          The MZA4 will be ready on time in January.

          All of these decoders have BEMF which he has successfully
          demonstrated in N and HO locos. Excellent low speed operation and in
          consists, one of my worries. The BEMF drops out at higher speeds,
          can be turned off altogether with CV61 [i]and[/i] can be toggled on
          and off with F6 on the Cab control. Very cool !

          So get your orders in at Norm's or other LHS or website (dealers are
          listed on the TCS website: www.tcsdcc.com/dealers). However, only
          the Z savy sites will be ordering them so don't expect them to be in
          stock. John will be contacting as many as he can to promote those
          that don't. Let's make TCS's investment successful !

          Jeff
          SF Bay Area Z

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Rockwell" <grpa@...> wrote:

          > These will be available through www.normstrainworld.com at 30%
          savings.

          > Norman Rockwell (grpa)
          > Norm's Train World
          > 401 E. Hughson / PO Box 635
          > Randolph, NE 68771-0635
          > PHONE 402-337-0424 / FAX 402-337-0424
          > www.normstrainworld.com www.pre-size.com
          > email: grpa@...

        • mompey
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 10, 2008
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff BAZ-man" <sjbazman49@...>
            wrote:

            > Tuesday 12/9: I spoke with John Forsythe, Owner of Train Control
            > Systems (TCS) whom I discussed the decoders with at NTS. The Z2
            for
            > the AZL GP7 and SD70/75's are now shipping. These 2 function
            > decoders sit on the chassis, under the rear LED and wire to the 6
            > contacts of the light board, after slipping off the bronze shorting
            > bars used for DC operation. These new decoders are 0.26" (6.6mm)
            > wide decoders [i][b]easily[/b][/i] fit flat on the chassis. No more
            > taking the cab off of the shell. Installation pictures will be
            > posted around the end of this week.
            > http://www.tcsdcc.com/NewDecoders.html

            Hi Jeff

            I was going to order the digitrax (DZ123M0) for my MTL loco's, Im new
            to DCC but based on what your post said I assume I'd be far better
            installing the MZA4 with BEMF??

            Also how long B4 manufactures will have decoders factory installed?

            Thanks
            Mike..
          • Jeff BAZ-man
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 10, 2008
              The MZ4A's won't ship until January and there will be plenty
              available so no one should be "out of stock" as they will be promptly
              restocked.

              While these are unproven or tested mainstream in Z, they are an
              existing design from the N and HO series that are simply relaid to
              fit in the Z locos. So I have faith. Plus 4 function versus 2 on the
              MTL loco version (we like to put in addtional lights rather than the
              common 2 function Forward and Reverse lights) I'm switching.

              The TCS's will fit more easily. The Digitrax DZ123MO mounting
              notches are slightly off location so you have to file the 'rear' ones
              about 1/32 of an inch farther back so they will propertly start in
              the 4 mounting posts.

              Both will work. Both (actaully all decoders) have Back Elecro Motive
              Force (BEMF) that tries to compensate for speed changes with loads,
              up/down grades or slow speed runnign. You can EASILY turn it off on
              the TCS decoders by hitting F6 on your DCC Cab (hand held throttle)
              or by changing CV61 to 'permanently' turn it off (or on). Digitrax
              and others do not have the convenience of Cab Function controlling it
              and require CV changes to turn it off/on. Some Z locos may not run as
              well with it on, some run better. Normally, it is not a good idea in
              Consists (or MU for Multiple Units e.g. 2 or 3 locos lashed together)
              as one will try and compensate and then the other tries to compensate
              so you sometimes see this surging difference between the 2 or 3
              locos. There are normally several variables that can be changed to
              tweak it but the loco performance or position in a consist or even
              the direction can screw it all up. Turn it off in these cases.

              You can order the Digitrax DZ123M0 (that's a zero at the end) from a
              number of places where as existing TCS resellers will have to stock
              up on the TCS Z products. Norm's Trainworld
              (http://www.normstrainworld.com/dccz.htm) back in New England WILL
              have them in stock ! Guaranteed.

              Jeff
              SF Bay Area Z

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mompey" <mompey@...> wrote:

              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff BAZ-man" <sjbazman49@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Tuesday 12/9: I spoke with John Forsythe, Owner of Train Control
              > > Systems (TCS) whom I discussed the decoders with at NTS. The Z2
              > for
              > > the AZL GP7 and SD70/75's are now shipping. These 2 function
              > > decoders sit on the chassis, under the rear LED and wire to the 6
              > > contacts of the light board, after slipping off the bronze
              shorting
              > > bars used for DC operation. These new decoders are 0.26" (6.6mm)
              > > wide decoders [i][b]easily[/b][/i] fit flat on the chassis. No
              more
              > > taking the cab off of the shell. Installation pictures will be
              > > posted around the end of this week.
              > > http://www.tcsdcc.com/NewDecoders.html
              > >
              > Hi Jeff
              >
              > I was going to order the digitrax (DZ123M0) for my MTL loco's, Im
              new
              > to DCC but based on what your post said I assume I'd be far better
              > installing the MZA4 with BEMF??
              >
              > Also how long B4 manufactures will have decoders factory installed?
              >
              > Thanks
              > Mike..

            • ronaldjhurley
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 10, 2008
                Jeff,
                I've always pretty much ignored discussions of DCC... with good
                reason, I don't have an operational layout yet! But, hope springs
                eternal.... so my question.... is this a breakthrough? Does this make
                DCC so easy to install that any new motive power really ought to be
                AZL (you mention the GP 7 and SD 70)? But then you mention MTL in the
                title? It seems like these little decoders could really be a game
                changer. Do you think they will be available for most of the AZL/MTL
                fleets? Hmmmmm, I tried for the installation pictures but no luck
                yet. Appreciate your comments. ron
              • Jack Chase
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 10, 2008
                  Jeff:
                  Thank you for an absolutely excellent write up concerning these DCC decoders.  It was very well written.  When you state that the Z2 is a 2 function decoder, what does that mean, exactly?  For instance, I have the Digitrax drop ins in my MTL engines.  How would one describe these Digitrax 123?? decoders?
                  Oh, I was also in contact with Norm's and his TCS decoders are "on the way to him."
                  Thanks for the information.
                  Regards,
                  Jack Chase

> [...]

                  > for
                  > > the AZL GP7 and SD70/75's are now shipping. These 2 function
                  > > decoders sit on the chassis, under the rear LED and wire to the 6
                  > > contacts of the light board, after slipping off the bronze
                  shorting
                  > > bars used for DC operation. These new decoders are 0.26" (6.6mm)
                  > > wide decoders [i][b]easily[ /b][/i] fit flat on the chassis. No
                  more
                  > > taking the cab off of the shell. Installation pictures will be
                  > > posted around the end of this week.
                  > > http://www.tcsdcc com/NewDecoders. html
                  > >
                  > Hi Jeff
                  >
                  > I was going to order the digitrax (DZ123M0) for my MTL loco's, Im
                  new
                  > to DCC but based on what your post said I assume I'd be far better
                  > installing the MZA4 with BEMF??
                  >
                  > Also how long B4 manufactures will have decoders factory installed?

                • Jeff BAZ-man
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 10, 2008
                    Ron and Jack:

                    TCS is not revolutionary but brings a practical to install decoder to
                    the AZLs where everything else had to be shoe horned or custom fitted
                    in there. Now ANYONE can put one in ! They also bring competition
                    (and a better fitting decoder) for the MTL products along with 4
                    functions instead of Digitrax's 2 functions (MTL locos only)

                    The new TCS Z2 is a 2 function and comparible to the Digitrax DZ123M0
                    (<---that is a zero on the end) or the older DZ123 that has wires on
                    it for any loco. Both are 2 functions. 2 functions are fine for 90%
                    of the users as most are only use for the 'headlights'.

                    The new TCS Z2 is for the AZL's and has to be wired in (VERY easy if
                    you can solder and someone can tell or show you how, even on the
                    phone if you spend $15 for a soldering iron). You COULD use it in
                    the MTL locos but why when you have two choices of drop ins.

                    The new TCS MZ4 is a 4 function and only designed to go in the MTL
                    products, competing with the Digitrax DZ123M0 <--a zero there. But
                    now you have a 4 function decoder so some of us can add those ditch
                    lights or extra light functions like a top beacon or second front
                    headlight in MARS mode.

                    The default for the 2 functions is F0F (that's a zero in there) for
                    the first function output a and F0R for the second output. (Man,
                    don't ask me why it is not F1R as I have never found the [idiot]
                    reason why). The FOF and FOR means Forward and Reverse as they are
                    for lighting (99% of users). These are referred to function 1 and 2
                    only when you are counting the number of functions. They start
                    at 'zero' as it is a digital based system and zero is a value !
                    (wink). So, when you run the loco, F0F activates when going forward
                    and F0R when you go reverse. No matter which way you put the loco on
                    the track. No programming on your part. Just drop that baby right in
                    there. They are not always "on" by default so you press the F0 button
                    on the Cab (the hand held 'throttle'), usually labeled Headlight on
                    most cabs (look on the back or next to back page of a Model
                    Railroader magazine at an MRC ad an you can see the buttons). They
                    will light in what ever direction you are going. Same if you push it
                    again, they will go off. You can program a variable to make them
                    stay on and in a certain desired way, read on !

                    Virtually all DCC decoders can redefine the function outputs and the
                    way they work. Say you don't have a rear light (e.g. most steam,
                    F7's, etc.). You could remap the F0R (that's the second function if
                    you are still following me) to another F0F but make it's light
                    a "MARS" like light rather than solid on like F0F or better, make it
                    F1 so you can control it seperate. You can make them turn on only
                    when actually moving (speed >1) rather than just on (default mode if
                    you press the direction button on the cab, the light immediately also
                    changes [helps idiots know which way their loco will be going]). Or
                    maybe you have a yard beacon on the top.

                    Now, the cool thing is if you put 2 or more locos in a consist, only
                    the front loco's light will come on and when you go in reverse, the
                    rear-most loco's light will come on. A lot of railroads had a rule
                    that if the loco was active, the lights had to be on so when in
                    reverse, the front light would dim rather than off. This has to be
                    programmed but you will soon learn this is a single variable, a
                    brainer to do !

                    4 (or more) function decoder have the same first two functions: FOF
                    and FOR + 2 more: F1 and F2 (again, don't ask me about the numbering
                    system). These extra 2 are used to turn on sound, smoke, beacons,
                    ditch lights, etc. For ditch lights (those 2 alternating white
                    lights on some diesel locos) requires 2 function outputs.

                    If you run several trains on your layout, run a main line (or two)
                    AND want to just let them run while you do switching functions or,
                    you want to go to a larger show layout, you definitely want to go
                    DCC. If you run only one loco at a time or a small layout, you may
                    just want to stay DCC. But DCC can make your locos run better at low
                    speeds. $150 for a starter set (NCE Power Cab, MRC-k-e-y Prodigy or
                    Digitrax [Zepher?]) plus $25 for a decoder and you can play with the
                    big boys ;)

                    And don't forget, you can run DCC locos any direction and any speed
                    on the same track. Just in case you like driving in traffic, you can
                    make that loco hug the front train's rear !

                    Jeff
                    SF Bay Area Z

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jack Chase <cjc167x@...> wrote:

                    > Jeff:
                    > Thank you for an absolutely excellent write up concerning these DCC
                    decoders.  It was very well written.  When you state that the Z2 is a
                    2 function decoder, what does that mean, exactly?  For instance, I
                    have the Digitrax drop ins in my MTL engines.  How would one describe
                    these Digitrax 123?? decoders?
                    > Oh, I was also in contact with Norm's and his TCS decoders are "on
                    the way to him."
                    > Thanks for the information.
                    > Regards,
                    > Jack Chase

                    MTL
> [...]
                    > > > decoders sit on the chassis, under the rear LED and wire to the
                    6
                    > > > contacts of the light board, after slipping off the bronze
                    > shorting
                    > > > bars used for DC operation. These new decoders are 0.26"
                    (6.6mm)
                    > > > wide decoders [i][b]easily[ /b][/i] fit flat on the chassis. No
                    > more
                    > > > taking the cab off of the shell. Installation pictures will be
                    > > > posted around the end of this week.
                    > > > http://www.tcsdcc com/NewDecoders. html
                    > > >
                    > > Hi Jeff
                    > >
                    > > I was going to order the digitrax (DZ123M0) for my MTL loco's, Im
                    > new
                    > > to DCC but based on what your post said I assume I'd be far
                    better
                    > > installing the MZA4 with BEMF??
                    > >
                    > > Also how long B4 manufactures will have decoders factory

                  • John Duino
                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                      <SNIP>
                      DCC THIS
                      <SNIP>
                      DCC THAT
                      <SNIP>

                      My exposure to DCC is fairly minimal compared to most of you BAZ boys, and
                      I can get my loco's running in circles and the lights (usually) shining
                      the correct direction. However, that was accomplished mostly with the help
                      of comments on these forums and frantic calls to individuals during family
                      reunions (sorry about that, Jeff!) The manual that comes with the NCE is a
                      bit useless for truly learning about DCC (kinda like reading a dictionary
                      then trying to write a novel...all the words are there, just gotta figure
                      out how to put them in the right order).

                      So my long-winded question is: is there a decent "DCC for Dummies" or
                      primer or PDF or something(s), that spells out how to utilize the fun and
                      functionallity within DCC? I couldn't even find a decent list of the
                      registers anywhere. Something with examples akin to what you spelled out
                      here, but more so? And not just for loc's but also accessories, track
                      wiring, etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching my head at times.

                      John
                    • Loren
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                        John,
                        I will second the motion. Jeff is a whiz bang when it comes to DCC, but
                        unfortunately for him, he is unable to dummy down when he talks to this dumb
                        bunny about electrical things. It's not that I couldn't learn, I don't have
                        the time to learn it from the ground up. I wish I had taken electronics in
                        high school, then I could more easily understand where Jeff is coming from.

                        Anyway, Jeff is wonderfully talented with this DCC, but I too need a "DCC
                        Primer for Dumb Dumbs"

                        I'd like to reserve the second copy of whatever is out there to help us
                        electrically challenged :o)

                        No extra electrons in this brain housing,

                        > My exposure to DCC is fairly minimal compared to most of you BAZ boys, and
                        > I can get my loco's running in circles and the lights (usually) shining
                        > the correct direction. However, that was accomplished mostly with the help
                        > of comments on these forums and frantic calls to individuals during family
                        > reunions (sorry about that, Jeff!) The manual that comes with the NCE is a
                        > bit useless for truly learning about DCC (kinda like reading a dictionary
                        > then trying to write a novel...all the words are there, just gotta figure
                        > out how to put them in the right order).
                        >
                        > So my long-winded question is: is there a decent "DCC for Dummies" or
                        > primer or PDF or something(s), that spells out how to utilize the fun and
                        > functionallity within DCC? I couldn't even find a decent list of the
                        > registers anywhere. Something with examples akin to what you spelled out
                        > here, but more so? And not just for loc's but also accessories, track
                        > wiring, etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching my head at times.
                        >
                        > John
                      • Don A
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                          A Larry Pucket published a book through Carstens [Railroad Model
                          Crafstman] entitled "Practical Guide to Digital Command Control" that
                          came out this past summer. If you are truly in the dummy class this
                          might not help too much, but overall seems to give a pretty good
                          summary of what-is-what. Covers some of the latest decoders and JMRI.
                          If you are starting at "zero point" and want to get a good basic
                          involvement, this might fulfill your needs. Looks as if list price is
                          $24.95 Extensive color and high quality photos and printing; 112
                          pages long. I'm not related in any way to the publication, but
                          purchased a copy at either the Louisville N Scale convention ot at
                          Anaheim/NMRA [Forgot which].

                          ...don

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:

                          > <SNIP>
                          > DCC THIS
                          > <SNIP>
                          > DCC THAT
                          > <SNIP>
                          >
                          > My exposure to DCC is fairly minimal compared to most of you BAZ
                          boys, and
                          > I can get my loco's running in circles and the lights (usually) shining
                          > the correct direction. However, that was accomplished mostly with
                          the help
                          > of comments on these forums and frantic calls to individuals during
                          family
                          > reunions (sorry about that, Jeff!) The manual that comes with the
                          NCE is a
                          > bit useless for truly learning about DCC (kinda like reading a
                          dictionary
                          > then trying to write a novel...all the words are there, just gotta
                          figure
                          > out how to put them in the right order).
                          >
                          > So my long-winded question is: is there a decent "DCC for Dummies" or
                          > primer or PDF or something(s), that spells out how to utilize the
                          fun and
                          > functionallity within DCC? I couldn't even find a decent list of the
                          > registers anywhere. Something with examples akin to what you spelled out
                          > here, but more so? And not just for loc's but also accessories, track
                          > wiring, etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching my head at times.
                          >
                          > John

                        • Loren
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                            Don,
                            In the class? I AM the class. I feel like I am the only student. Would
                            anyone like to private tutor me in exchange for a back rub or an extra set
                            of couplers? :o)
                            Sounds like a book worthy of my dollars.....

                            >A Larry Pucket published a book through Carstens [Railroad Model
                            > Crafstman] entitled "Practical Guide to Digital Command Control" that
                            > came out this past summer. If you are truly in the dummy class this
                            > might not help too much, but overall seems to give a pretty good
                            > summary of what-is-what. Covers some of the latest decoders and JMRI.
                            > If you are starting at "zero point" and want to get a good basic
                            > involvement, this might fulfill your needs. Looks as if list price is
                            > $24.95 Extensive color and high quality photos and printing; 112
                            > pages long. I'm not related in any way to the publication, but
                            > purchased a copy at either the Louisville N Scale convention ot at
                            > Anaheim/NMRA [Forgot which].
                            >
                            > ...don
                          • Allan
                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                              Hi all,

                              I think most of us can appreciate what DCC actually does, but what is
                              puzzling for me is how to go about getting the darn things to do it. I need
                              something that says something like , “Go and buy this DDC controller [name
                              of manufacturer.] Then you buy this chip/receiver and fit it according to
                              this diagram. ‘Plate XX3’

                              “Wire the controller to the track according to diagram ‘Plate XX12’. and
                              then press button ‘A’ on the controller to ‘speak’ to the loco. Turn the
                              controller to the right and it should move forward.”

                              If each bit was explained like that we could then have some idea of what is
                              involved and no doubt a light would come on in what passes for a brain in my
                              old head and all would become clear.. Further chapters could explain other
                              ways of using it to do more things, but in the same sort of language.
                              Language that a complete layman can understand.

                              I have several Gauge 1 locos that are Märklin DCC and I have actually run
                              just one of them on a short piece of track to ‘play’ with it. I bought a
                              book on it and am still none the wiser as most books seem to assume that I
                              have knowledge that I just do not have. The Märklin books are a tad short of
                              full explanation.

                              Surely it can be made simple. What these writers think is ‘simple stuff’ is
                              completely beyond me.

                              John said, >> “The manual that comes with the
                              NCE is a bit useless for truly learning about DCC (kinda like reading a
                              dictionary then trying to write a novel...all the words are there, just
                              gotta
                              figure out how to put them in the right order). <<

                              Just that, John, yes.

                              Just my six pennoth, (2 Cents worth, US?)

                              Best wishes to you all.

                              Allan

                              (Norfolk, UK)

                            • John Duino
                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                                The spiral bound manual that came with the Cab does do that (but no
                                pictures), but if something goes wrong, or not quite how you like/expect
                                it, I found the manual useless for, just as you said, it assumes you have
                                the knowledge already (but if I did, then I wouldn't need the manual).

                                The book Don points out looks interesting. I'll look for it at the train
                                show this weekend to see if it covers the details that I'm looking for. I
                                don't need frequency theory, but I need more detail than "hook one wire to
                                each rail."

                                John

                                > Hi all,
                                >

                                > I think most of us can appreciate what DCC actually does, but what is
                                > puzzling for me is how to go about getting the darn things to do it. I
                                > need
                                > something that says something like , “Go and buy this DDC controller [name
                                > of manufacturer.] Then you buy this chip/receiver and fit it according to
                                > this diagram. ‘Plate XX3’
                                >

                                > “Wire the controller to the track according to diagram ‘Plate XX12’. and
                                > then press button ‘A’ on the controller to ‘speak’ to the loco. Turn the
                                > controller to the right and it should move forward.”
                                >

                                > If each bit was explained like that we could then have some idea of what
                                > is
                                > involved and no doubt a light would come on in what passes for a brain in
                                > my
                                > old head and all would become clear.. Further chapters could explain other
                                > ways of using it to do more things, but in the same sort of language.
                                > Language that a complete layman can understand.
                                >

                                > I have several Gauge 1 locos that are Märklin DCC and I have actually run
                                > just one of them on a short piece of track to ‘play’ with it. I bought a
                                > book on it and am still none the wiser as most books seem to assume that I
                                > have knowledge that I just do not have. The Märklin books are a tad short
                                > of
                                > full explanation.
                                >

                                > Surely it can be made simple. What these writers think is ‘simple stuff’
                                > is
                                > completely beyond me.
                                >

                                > John said, >> “The manual that comes with the
                                > NCE is a bit useless for truly learning about DCC (kinda like reading a
                                > dictionary then trying to write a novel...all the words are there, just
                                > gotta
                                > figure out how to put them in the right order). <<
                                >

                                > Just that, John, yes.
                                >

                                > Just my six pennoth, (2 Cents worth, US?)
                                >

                                > Best wishes to you all.
                                >

                                > Allan
                                >
                                > (Norfolk, UK)
                              • John Mui
                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                                  Allan, the first thing you do is send money to my Paypal, then everything
                                  will come t you. :D Seriously, the only way to learn is to do it. Have a
                                  question, ask it. No matter how much somebody teach you, you will not learn
                                  it unless you use it. I been running dcc for two years, and I made a lot of
                                  mistakes, so I know the smell of burn decoder. I also learn to hear the
                                  warnings that your decoder is going to be toast. Jeff is way more
                                  knowledgeable then me, but I will share what I know.

                                  John
                                • Jeff BAZ-man
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                                    Well, I lost the WHOLE long post reply and I am NOT going to retype
                                    it all so you'll have to learn it on your own. No more time to type
                                    today. Class dismissed.

                                    Jeff

                                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                                    > Don,
                                    > In the class? I AM the class. I feel like I am the only student.
                                    Would
                                    > anyone like to private tutor me in exchange for a back rub or an
                                    extra set
                                    > of couplers? :o)
                                    > Sounds like a book worthy of my dollars.....
                                    >
                                    > Loren

                                  • Don A
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                                      Grouch! Run Google Desktop and it is probably still out there to be
                                      captured.

                                      ...don

                                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff BAZ-man" <sjbazman49@...> wrote:

                                      > Well, I lost the WHOLE long post reply and I am NOT going to retype
                                      > it all so you'll have to learn it on your own. No more time to type
                                      > today. Class dismissed.
                                      >
                                      > Jeff
                                      >
                                      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Don,
                                      > > In the class? I AM the class. I feel like I am the only student.
                                      > Would
                                      > > anyone like to private tutor me in exchange for a back rub or an
                                      > extra set
                                      > > of couplers? :o)
                                      > > Sounds like a book worthy of my dollars.....
                                      > >
                                      > > Loren

                                    • ronaldjhurley
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Dec 11, 2008
                                        Hey,
                                        I learned a ton! Here it is to read again!

                                        ron

                                      • Rockwell
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Dec 12, 2008
                                          First shipment is in hand. First come, first serve. Get your orders in.
                                          Note small increase in price, not my fault. TCS did it without telling anyone.
                                          If you ordered early, you will get the cheaper price. MY GUARANTEE.

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Dec 12, 2008
                                            Jeff, I live in Nebraska. A lot closer than New England. It's cold here.

                                            Ha! Ha!
                                            Norman Rockwell (grpa)
                                            Norm's Train World
                                            401 E. Hughson / PO Box 635
                                            Randolph, NE 68771-0635
                                            PHONE 402-337-0424 / FAX 402-337-0424
                                            www.normstrainworld.com www.pre-size.com
                                            email: grpa@...

                                          • Dr John Lundy
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Dec 12, 2008
                                              Norm,
                                              Thanks for offering these decoders at a very reasonable price. I am in
                                              Washington State and it is turing cold here too - in the teens by the
                                              first of the week. Where can I buy antifreeze for Z scale locos?

                                              John
                                            • Loren
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Dec 12, 2008
                                                John,
                                                Just take turns sticking them in your cheek. Ice fishermen do the same
                                                with their bait......keeps the worms warm......

                                                > Thanks for offering these decoders at a very reasonable price. I am in
                                                > Washington State and it is turing cold here too - in the teens by the
                                                > first of the week. Where can I buy antifreeze for Z scale locos?
                                                >
                                                > John
                                              • John Mui
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Dec 12, 2008
                                                  If I said that to my wife, she will say, sorry worm. You are going to die!

                                                  John
                                                  > Just take turns sticking them in your cheek. Ice fishermen do the same
                                                  > with their bait......keeps the worms warm......
                                                  > Loren

                                                • Jeff BAZ-man
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Dec 12, 2008
                                                    OH !!! It made it !!! Phew !!! As I said, some key on the KB and
                                                    bam it was gone and I was looking at the blank "reply" sceeen.

                                                    Thanks for getting that back up.

                                                    jeff

                                                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "ronaldjhurley" <rhurley@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                                    > >
                                                    > > And don't forget, you can run DCC locos any direction and any
                                                    speed
                                                    > > on the same track. Just in case you like driving in traffic, you
                                                    can
                                                    > > make that loco hug the front train's rear !
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Jeff
                                                    > > SF Bay Area Z
                                                    > >
                                                    > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jack Chase <cjc167x@> wrote:
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Jeff:
                                                    > > > Thank you for an absolutely excellent write up concerning these
                                                    DCC
                                                    > > decoders.  It was very well written.  When you state that the Z2
                                                    is a
                                                    > > 2 function decoder, what does that mean, exactly?  For instance,
                                                    > > have the Digitrax drop ins in my MTL engines.  How would one
                                                    describe
                                                    > > these Digitrax 123?? decoders?
                                                    > > > Oh, I was also in contact with Norm's and his TCS decoders

                                                  • Dr John Lundy
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Dec 12, 2008
                                                      Loren,
                                                      Leave it to you to find an innovative solution - glad you said in your
                                                      cheek and not "between them".

                                                      John

                                                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                                                      > John,
                                                      > Just take turns sticking them in your cheek. Ice fishermen do the
                                                      same
                                                      > with their bait......keeps the worms warm......
                                                      > Loren
                                                    • Rockwell
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Dec 13, 2008
                                                        Second shipment is in, so if you didn't get the first, yours will be coming now.

                                                        Don't wait, these are popular. Fit AZL SD70M and SD75i plus others.

                                                        Introductory price $24.50 each.

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Dec 15, 2008
                                                          > Just take turns sticking them in your cheek. Ice fishermen do the same
                                                          > with their bait......keeps the worms warm......
                                                          > Loren

                                                          All I can say to this is....

                                                          Karin, I am SO very sorry that he actually knows this...
                                                        • Loren
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Dec 15, 2008
                                                            John,
                                                            I do know about it, but I certainly don't practice it.......I don't like to
                                                            fish.....lucky for Karin huh?

                                                            Hey, you guys had too much fun at Del Mar......didn't I tell you not to?
                                                            You guys never listen to good advice......and that's good.
                                                            Congratulations on a great showing. I think back to your humble beginnings
                                                            when Jim M, came down and lit a fire under you guys. You're cooking on
                                                            high now.

                                                            Great things from ZoCal.