Re: Railower 1300 - Number of Amps

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
      I don't have one but I doubt it can deliver than 12VA (~ Watts).
      They can product up to ~ 14 absolute maximum volts(no load) and
      definitely <1 Amp. Under load, I doubt higher than 12V. They are
      roughly equivalent to the Märklin power packs. Maybe 10% more.

      For Z scale, you will know if you have too many volts as it will run
      at "Lionel" speed :) Just don't turn it up past "2 o-clock"
      position (not critical) and you'll be fine.

      The current is enough for 2 MTL F7's, 2-4 Märklin locos or 10 MTL GP9
      or GP35 or 10 AZL GP7 or SD70/75's.

      Hope that helps.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z