Need help – Race track tower

  • Michael Janis
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      My wife and I are Formula1 fans, so my model railroad (set in Germany)
      includes a race track. I used cars from a Formula De board game (metal
      F1 cars, probably about 1:250 scale), bleachers from a Z outdoor
      festival, a cut down pedestrian bridge and normal Z scale emergency
      vehicles. I need a building that will serve as the tower. It needs to
      be around 1.5 - 2 inches tall with large windows on the top floor.
      Something like an American Interlocking tower, except European
      looking. Does anyone have any suggestions?

      Mike
    • Don A
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        TrainCat DOT com has quite a bit of brass items that MIGHT work
        with a little tweeking.

        ...don

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Janis" <ghy9@...> wrote:

        > My wife and I are Formula1 fans, so my model railroad (set in Germany)
        > includes a race track. I used cars from a Formula De board game (metal
        > F1 cars, probably about 1:250 scale), bleachers from a Z outdoor
        > festival, a cut down pedestrian bridge and normal Z scale emergency
        > vehicles. I need a building that will serve as the tower. It needs to
        > be around 1.5 - 2 inches tall with large windows on the top floor.
        > Something like an American Interlocking tower, except European
        > looking. Does anyone have any suggestions?
        >
        > Mike

      • Don A
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          TrainCat DOT com has quite a bit of brass items that MIGHT work
          with a little tweeking.

          ...don

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Janis" <ghy9@...> wrote:

          > My wife and I are Formula1 fans, so my model railroad (set in Germany)
          > includes a race track. I used cars from a Formula De board game (metal
          > F1 cars, probably about 1:250 scale), bleachers from a Z outdoor
          > festival, a cut down pedestrian bridge and normal Z scale emergency
          > vehicles. I need a building that will serve as the tower. It needs to
          > be around 1.5 - 2 inches tall with large windows on the top floor.
          > Something like an American Interlocking tower, except European
          > looking. Does anyone have any suggestions?
          >
          > Mike

        • Michael Janis
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2008
            Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I am going with the Searails
            model of the Bristol Raceway tower. Since it is what I need, I won't
            have to do any kitbashing or make any modifications.
            Mike